Jkd

bigfighter16

White Belt
Reaction score
how long have most of you been studying JKD, and how complicated does it get after a long time of training?

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
I started JFGF/JKD In 1983 with a few guys associated with Guro Dan Inosanto. I enjoy the training and miss friends and old training partners. I think I have not found it too complicated training wise over the years with the exception of the politics, people bickering about who should be teaching and who should be next in line to achieve Instructorship etc...I have now come to peace with it, and I train when I can, how I choose. I do not make a living from MA Instruction anymore, so the bickering no longer concerns me, MUCH. LOL. I just hope that those who are in line or have legit certification to teach live up to the privilage, too many people are trying to indentify themselves with Bruce Lee and his art/philosophy for money and fame. I am out of the politics of it, yet on other forums and here as well, if I see someone making what I believe are false statements about JFGF/JKD and it's instructors because they want a piece of the pie, I will sound off with my opinions also. Now I train for me and I no longer seek certification, if I am blessed with recognition for my time in and skill/knowledge, great! But I do not chase the brass ring anymore. Have you seen some of the (explative) who are kissing butt for a chance to shout, "I teach Bruce Lees Art!" ? I won't stand with people like that, just me. End Rant.

lll000000lll

Green Belt
Reaction score
not long at all but i trained independly with mma for a while. i love JKD it has been making me a better artist and fighter.

OP
B

bigfighter16

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks you guys. JKD sound very interesting. Havent had a chance to go to many lessons though. and yes I have seen those kind of people. One of the Jr. Instructors or TA of sorts has no humility. He goes around my school telling people he is a JKD instructor, and stuff. It gets pretty anoying.

Latest Discussions