JKD is the best right???

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
As opposed to the alternative, which is not treating it as a thread for jokes and complaints about reputation but instead using it to talk about JKD?

Not complaining, and I am not seeking positive rep reimbursement (but thanks, exile: I appreciate it.)

I simply observed that someone misunderstood my intent enought to send negative rep. Then I re-stated my point without humor to clear up misunderstandings.

A point can be made with gentle humor as well as by dry point-by-point rebuttal. Not exactly the same as "treating it as a thread for jokes."

This is a friendly forum, right?

OP
jkd friend

jkd friend

Green Belt
Reaction score
If know style is the best style then why were so many masters improving and off branching styles to call them their own and being who we are as human-beings we my say this is better than that but we aslo have different meanings of what the best means. Yet and still MA is better than self producing fighting skill but some say there is Know greater art than the other. So if their is know best art than to me someone who is unskilled in the arts is of equal to someone of the arts. In any case we all chose what is best for us and to chose what is best for yourself in essense is to chose the best because the fact of the matter is the simple truth, TO BE THE BEST IS TO GET CLOSER TO PERFECTION. That is the main reason to get better because to have no limitations as limitations is a indefinite search to get closer to perfection. So I will and can say that JKD is the best to me because it assumes all forms by having no form, so to me that is getting closer to perfection the indefinite persue!------------------------------------------jkd friend------------------------------

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I will and can say that JKD is the best to me because it assumes all forms by having no form, so to me that is getting closer to perfection the indefinite persue!------------------------------------------jkd friend------------------------------

No quarrel. It's good that you feel that the approach to MA you're pursuing is the best for for you. Just bear in mind that a lot of people feel the same way about their own MA, and their reasons for their choice and yours for your choice are equally valid.

g-bells

Green Belt
Reaction score
to say jkd is the best may be wrong but if that's how you feel then that's how you feel. i chose to train in jkd because you can make it your own. experiment and learn from other forms. there is no best way but to find ones own way. i see jkd as a foundation on to which add. you can concentrate , say on, grappling, boxing, modified wing chun,kali, etc. and never master all.as good as you may get there will always be an area that can be improved on. hope this helps and it doesn't sound to corny.

gino

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm sorry but you are mistaken. Hapkido is best.

Just ask me. :D

;)
whos is this guy steven segal? get the f... outta here... who or where have you ever seen hapkido useful? pls I waana know...

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
whos is this guy steven segal? get the f... outta here... who or where have you ever seen hapkido useful? pls I waana know...

FWIW, Steven Seagal does AIKIDO.

I have seen hapkido prove useful first hand in self defense, if that is what you are asking. Are you looking for specific anecdotes? Or are you the type that requires video verification?

Being a "do" art, hapkido also has manifold benefits that are made apparent over the years on many levels.

And I can't help but wonder: do you REALLY want to know? Or are you just naysaying something you know absolutely nothing about? Either way, I would be happy to educate you as best I can in text, but the BEST way would be to participate in a class.

But this is ALL way off topic -- perhaps we could take this all up in another thread? :)

Latest Discussions