Jinto/ Chinto

McZ

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Gankaku is a japanese name of this form, orginal okinawan name was CHINTO

JT_the_Ninja

Black Belt
Reaction score
Interesting thing happened in class tonight...

apparently, CJN Kim wants us to change the first stance in the form (the high X-block) from sa go rip jaseh to hugul jaseh. Apparently, at some time in the past, before I learned the form, it was hugul jaseh, and then they changed it to sa go rip jaseh to emphasize the foot stomp. Well, now it's back to hugul jaseh.

What is it for all yinz?

JWLuiza

Black Belt
Reaction score
The ITF foot stomp :) JT, tell me if I am wrong, but it seems there is a focus on foot positioning and stepping in many ITF forms...

In my school it is Fugal jaseh.

McZ

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
first position in my org is hu gul.

OP
agemechanic03

agemechanic03

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well the other day I finished learning all the moves to the hyung. WOW! Doing all those turns and stuff on foot is a bit hard. I still really enjoy it tho, I love challenges. And we do the So ko rip jaseh at the beginning.

JT_the_Ninja

Black Belt
Reaction score
The ITF foot stomp :) JT, tell me if I am wrong, but it seems there is a focus on foot positioning and stepping in many ITF forms...

In my school it is Fugal jaseh.

Hah. Yeah, we love foot stomps. Wherever we can put them, we'll make them at least optional.

And yeah, there's a lot of focus on foot position. Your feet are your base, after all. A lot of ho sin sul only works right if you have a good stance. A lot of everything only works if you have a good stance. A big focus of training is making sure you know what you're doing, how you're doing it, and making every move intentional at some level (muscle memory helps a lot with the attention load).