jiapgol

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A definition of jiapgol would be appreciated by those of us who are unfamiliar with it. Thanks.

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't teach it, I know how to do it, from first aid etc. However I do not set broken bones (not that I've ever had to) because I am not a doctor, my medical education is a few weekend courses. Cramps and nose bleeds is stuff you learn to fix when competing and coaching :)

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My karate sensei was a licensed Doctor of Oriental Medicine in his state and he earned his living that way along with acupuncture therapy. He actually offered to teach me, but I was young and dumb then and I wasn't interested in what he had to offer aside from the destructive aspects of martial arts. These days I'm very much interested and now that I run my own business I can be more flexible about travelling and I hope to remedy my ignorance.

My current level of knowledge is limited to a few tricks like how to relieve a headache or how to revive someone who has been knocked out (don't start with the Dillman comments, folks. :) ). And some chi gong which is supposed to help with high blood pressure among other things.

OP
mastercole

mastercole

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Longboat Key over looking Sarasota Bay, at least u
My karate sensei was a licensed Doctor of Oriental Medicine in his state and he earned his living that way along with acupuncture therapy. He actually offered to teach me, but I was young and dumb then and I wasn't interested in what he had to offer aside from the destructive aspects of martial arts. These days I'm very much interested and now that I run my own business I can be more flexible about travelling and I hope to remedy my ignorance.

My current level of knowledge is limited to a few tricks like how to relieve a headache or how to revive someone who has been knocked out (don't start with the Dillman comments, folks. :) ). And some chi gong which is supposed to help with high blood pressure among other things.

I don't practice or teach bone setting either. Plenty of doctors around, why get sued :) My Sabumnim was also licensed to do a lot of that, including acupressure/acupuncture. What was your teachers methods of knockout revival?

Latest Discussions