Japanese Martial Arts in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Japanese Martial Arts - General' started by jontheadvent, Feb 22, 2021.

1. jontheadvent

jontheadvent White Belt

Hi all, I am new to this forum, I have been searching online for Japanese Martial Arts in Oklahoma. I haven't had any luck unfortunately due to the coronavirus it has been having a great impact on martial arts businesses locally. If anyone has information regarding any schools that teach traditional Japanese Jujutsu in Oklahoma, Goju Rug Karate, Aikido, Judo, Kendo, etc. I am interested in any and all traditional japanese martial arts.

2. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog MT Senior Moderator Staff Member

• LifeTime Supporting Member
    You might want to narrow your geographical area a little... I mean, the entire state?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jontheadvent

jontheadvent White Belt

Central Oklahoma

4. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

would that be in the area of Oklahoma City?

• Like Like x 1
  5. jontheadvent

jontheadvent White Belt

Yes, or it could be Moore, Norman, Edmond, North Oklahoma City, it isn't a problem to have to drive if the school has what I am looking for. I have found two places that have some of what I asking originally. I am mainly trying to figure out if there is any Traditional Japanese Jujutsu in Oklahoma near Oklahoma City, because although I have found a large variation of Brazilian Jujitsu, I am not interested in learning that. At least not right now, I want to appreciate and embrace the original art from Japan.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

I do not know the area, but now that it has been narrowed down maybe there are those that do now it and can assist.

A quick web search produced one school that claims to be Japanese Jiu Jitsu in the Oklahoma area. I alo see there appears to be an aikido school and a aikijutsu school. Aikijutsu fall somewhere in between aikido and Jiu jitsu.123