James Brown must be followin' me around...

Jonathan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
... 'cuz I feel good, dunuhnuhnuhnuhnuh!

No, really. Had a great class the other day. One of our instructors is a former pro fighter (Derek Amos) who's making his way back to the ring after several years away; really nice guy. He's teaching class, going around and giving everybody pointers and whatnot on what they're doing. He comes up to me, watches me work the bag for a few seconds. Conversation goes something like this:

Derek: "You ever fight?"
Me: "No, took some classes before though. Kickboxing."
Derek: "Ah, alright."
Me: "... am I doing something wrong?"
Derek: "No, man. Your punches look good. You look like you know what you're doing. Keep it up."
Me: "Thanks!... :eek: "

DundundunDUNdundundunnn... *slides back and forth*

:D

(Oh, and found out that the kickboxing and BJJ classes don't cost extra- I just show up whenever they're on the schedule... and whenever they have slots open, for the BJJ class. How cool is that?!?!?)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like you had a great class and those extra classes sound like you are at a great school

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't get me started on James Brown. He lives right down the road from me.
He lives in Beech Island, SC, which is about 3 or 4 miles from Augusta, GA. Augusta is where he considers his hometown. My childhood involved watching police chases in our area after he beat his wife repeatedly. There are so many mugshots of him that he could make a scrapbook.

I will say that if I beat my wife and shot at cops, no one would put up a statue of me.

Augusta worships him and turns a blind eye to his constant habit of ignoring the law. In fact, just last week, they renamed the Richmond County Civic Center to the James Brown Arena.

Maybe if I run around drunk with a loaded weapon, someone will name a building after me. Still, they would only name a jail cell after me.

AoG

Latest Discussions