It's Edwards!!!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
Kerry picked Edwards for the VP nomination.

THoughts?

I think it was the right thing to do. Edwards brings a lot to the table for the democrats, and unites them even more then just Kerry.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I love the fact that the RNC is running an advertisement with John McCain ... implying that the Arizona Senator was Kerry's first choice. Kerry never offered the job to McCain. From the moment the rumor first was circulated, McCain was clear that he wouldn't accept the invitation.

I think some crafty republicans set it all up that way. They floated the idea of the McCain-Bush rivalry, and how McCain would be a good VP choice for Kerry. And now they get to spin it that McCain was Kerry's first choice. Very Clever.

Now you are hearing rumors that Bush will drop Cheney from the ticket, in favor of Powell, Guiliani, or Rice. I love this rumor too. Back in January, I thought that Bush was going to drop Cheney. All the campaign materials at that time, only had Bush's name on them. Cheney certainly has his negatives.

But earlier this week President Bush, taking a stab at Senator Edwards, said something to the effect of 'Cheney is prepared to be President'; implying that Edwards isn't. This begs two questions; Bush's experience prior to becoming president (although stronger than Edwards', not all that strong) and Cheney's health; which would have disqualified any other possible Bush VP candidate if they were properly vetted. Of course, since it was Cheney who was doing the vetting .... well, you draw your own conclusions.

Senator Edwards first statement in the VP debate should be: "Mr. Vice President, how is your health?"

Mike

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now you are hearing rumors that Bush will drop Cheney from the ticket, in favor of Powell, Guiliani, or Rice. I love this rumor too. Back in January, I thought that Bush was going to drop Cheney. All the campaign materials at that time, only had Bush's name on them. Cheney certainly has his negatives.

Oh, please. Rumors like that are laughable.

Bush is a puppet. Cheney is the real president.

And, on a side note, McCaine is actually very critical of Bush on a lot of issues (economy, foreign diplomacy, environment, domestic policies, etc), but hushed many of these criticisms when election year rolled around. Even an "insurgent" like McCaine has party loyalty, it seems.

Laterz.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My first suspicion occured on 9/11 when they were toting Bush around in...an AIRPLANE!! (almost as though to say, 'here he is, boys! Have a go!) And they completely protected Cheney - supposedly in some underground bunker several miles below a farm in some southern state or something like that...he he he he he.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
flatlander said:
OK, this is interesting, why do you this to be so?
One possible reason: Cheney was in charge of vetting the Vice Presidential candidates for Bush in the summer of 2000. Any other candidate that suffered heart attacks in 1978, 1984 and 1988 would have immediately been removed from contention. Having a further heart attack on November 22, 2000 and checking himself into a hospital in March of 2001, would further jeapordize his standing as VP.

I have noted elsewhere, that in January of this year, the Bush campaign materials did not include Cheney's name. I believe there must have been some discussion on having him step aside.

Despite the President's statement, Dick Cheney, because of his health issues, is not ready to be President. I am not much more confident that Dennis Hastert is qualified.

Here's to Bush's health! - Mike

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
flatlander said:
OK, this is interesting, why do you this to be so?

Because, Cheney (CEO Haliburton) helps make all the decisions that make him and the Bush family friends all kinds of money, of course.

I Loooove this country! :rolleyes:

Yours,
Yakov Smirnoff

Latest Discussions