Is Nuclear Energy the Answer?

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hadn't heard of the synthetic gasoline... though I'd often wondered what the magic in petrochemistry is that we can't duplicate it. All I could come up with is that we could -- but it was so costly and energy inefficient that nobody would bother.

Dude, on another thread I talked about my "bugout truck?"

It'll run on, in no particular order: gasoline, diesel, natural gas, propane, methane, kerosene, coal, wood, vegetable oil, peanut oil, and rendered animal fat.

Oh, and jet fuel A. Of course, some of those require eight hours to change out some parts....:lfao: (really do need that mad scientist smiley, Bob....:lfao: )

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I trained and worked in the civil engineering division in a NUC plant that had an impecable safety record and produced power for 5 cents a Killowatt hour. The power company closed it for no other reason that it got tired of the constant fights with radical uninformed enviromental groups and put up a Coal fired plant producing acid and CO2. I now live in a community that used oil only and costs about $150 per killowatt hour. Costs go down by volume of manufacturing we killed an entire industry in this country due to a few greedy corupt companies and over reaction to uneducated public histeria. Yes it does need to be regulated built and maintained properly but just like the current deficits and debt crisis we have for unpaid wars and tax breaks for the rich we are not paying the true cost for Fracking or clean coal???

Our military has been using Nuclear power with little or no problems and we are looking at installing those same small reactor generators in remote small communities here did Japan power make a mistake yes and we shoudl learn from it but not throgh the baby out with the wash??

But our country is so divided it will take a majority rule in DC to make a change and they can't agree on what color the sky is??

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
You must be thinking of something bigger than a kwh, because I pay $.11/kwh and that's high. If people paid $150/kwh, their power bill would be about $15k per month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk