Is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ok, WTF is this crap, who are they and WTF aare they wearing?

LOL, I dind't realize what he was wearing (I was amazed at the the length of the belts on them kids....)

But since I lost my innocence:

ATA_27_-_Cropped_28229_.jpg

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
ok, WTF is this crap, who are they and WTF aare they wearing?

that is quite possibly THE WORST photoshop job I have ever seen.

Not that I condone what is represents, but that photo is sooooooooooo obviously fake, how could anyone possibly take it seriously?

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, it is real. You can find it on ATA`s home pages.

http://www.atataekwondo.com/tp40/page.asp?id=27108

It only looks fake because the cool smoke they use...

I have to say though, looking at all that on their website they seem to be an organisation that while it's not MAs as we know them, it does seem to be offering kids something which is more than a lot of places do. They have badges if the children do well at school, home etc as well as training. They do charity work and seem to promote family life and other necessary virtues. Whether they can fight or not I don't know and they may well be getting rich from all of these activities but I'm not going to criticise without seeing them in action because frankly there's a lot worse things kids could be doing out there and while it may not be 'real' as we know it, it could well be a lot worse. I don't like child blackbelts and I don't like bumped up rank but on the whole I'd rather have a six year old blackbelt than a six year old gang member or drug addict.
The other thing is....they haven't criticised what I do (or any any style either), they leave me and my arts alone so why should I pick on them or the chap in the OP for that matter. Whereas some of the traditional TKD people have been sharply critical of MMA as not being real fighting whereas they think Olympic TKD style is and one gentleman believes that the Olympic style people can beat 99% of all other fighters.
As we used to say way back.....whatever turns you on.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

This thread has degenerated into a mish-mash of off-topic silliness. In addition to this, many of you have been hotlinking some rather large images.

This thread is closed, pending further review.

Ronald Shin
MT Supermoderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions