Is Israel an apartheid state? Dennis Prager answers the question.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
An interesting point.

On the other hand, there is no Palestinian state-if there were, though, then-by definition, they couldn't practice apartheid: there'd be no Jews, according to the PLA and Hamas, and it's kind of hard to segregate what isn't there at all, isn't it?

On the other hand, there is a state of Israel, and it practices apartheid against Palestinians, Jordanians, Arabs, whatever-and whatever reasons there are for it, there is no excuse for treating fellow human beings like that.

Just my opinion. I'm prejudiced against colonialism, and I'll acknowledge the issue is waaay more complex than "is Israel practicing apartheid," but I can't look at how the Palestinians are treated and help but think that they're getting a raw deal.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I can't look at how the Palestinians are treated and help but think that they're getting a raw deal.
and yet you don't hear them whining about how the rest of the Arabs in the region screw them over, it's all about hating the Jews with them. They are hating the wrong people, the other Arabs have done the "palestinians" far more harm than the Israelis have.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
this is the truth

we both know the jews would leave the arabs ALONE and mind thier own buisiness if they were not constantly being attacked

the jews may do bad things from time to time, but they are not the bad guys here

and yet you don't hear them whining about how the rest of the Arabs in the region screw them over, it's all about hating the Jews with them. They are hating the wrong people, the other Arabs have done the "palestinians" far more harm than the Israelis have.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
On the other hand, there is no Palestinian state-if there were, though, then-by definition, they couldn't practice apartheid: there'd be no Jews, according to the PLA and Hamas, and it's kind of hard to segregate what isn't there at all, isn't it?

On the other hand, there is a state of Israel, and it practices apartheid against Palestinians, Jordanians, Arabs, whatever-and whatever reasons there are for it, there is no excuse for treating fellow human beings like that.

Just my opinion. I'm prejudiced against colonialism, and I'll acknowledge the issue is waaay more complex than "is Israel practicing apartheid," but I can't look at how the Palestinians are treated and help but think that they're getting a raw deal.

You're right, there is no Palestinian state. The Arabs con't want it. They turned it down in 1947. The West Bank and Gaza were under Jordanian and Egyptian control fom 1948 to 1967. And the population were treated like ****. The Jordanian masacred Palestinians in their territories.

Israel is bot practicing apartheid against the population of the WB and GAZA, because those territories are not part of Israel. Arabs in Israel are represented in the Knesset. Is there discrimination? yes, there is. OTOH, there is discrimination against the Ethiopian Jews as well.

In the end, it's still better to ba an Arab in Israel than a Jew in the Arab world, it's also mostly better to be an Arab in Israel than in most of the Arab world.