Is Emin Still Teaching in US?

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
I heard through the grapevine that Emin was no longer teaching in US.
Unable to find anything current online.
Anyone know anything?

Callen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I heard through the grapevine that Emin was no longer teaching in US.
Unable to find anything current online.
Anyone know anything?
Yeah, Emin still teaches in the US. He just taught a seminar/workshop in my area in October. From what I understand, he remains for hire to EBMAS instructors world-wide.

Side note, but any luck with the group you wanted to start a few yers back?

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Never got any real response for it.
I still think it's a good idea.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yakkity Yak!!!! Glad you're back! ...and with a great question. I haven't been able to find out anything about Emin either. I even tried calling one of his old EBMAS branches that is still in operation. They didn't say much and told me to go to Facebook or something. Maybe they aren't associated with him anymore?

Sooo... with Rene Latosa having passed, and Emin tough to even locate, I'm pretty much on my own these days. I still have some contact with some ex WT guys in Texas, but I no longer am in their association. It's getting ever tougher to find people open to training outside of their clans. :(

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yakkity Yak!!!! Glad you're back! ...and with a great question. I haven't been able to find out anything about Emin either. I even tried calling one of his old EBMAS branches that is still in operation. They didn't say much and told me to go to Facebook or something. Maybe they aren't associated with him anymore?

Sooo... with Rene Latosa having passed, and Emin tough to even locate, I'm pretty much on my own these days. I still have some contact with some ex WT guys in Texas, but I no longer am in their association. It's getting ever tougher to find people open to training outside of their clans. :(
Hey Geezer!
Yeah, the local EBMAS group here seems to have all but dissolved. I've lost touch with all those guys.

As for escrima, look into Simon Mayer.

He did a lot of training with Rene Latosa and might be a good escrima source for you.
I have his email, PM me if interested.

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score

BTW, given our situations, and since Callen brought it up, maybe we should look into forming that brotherhood that I talked about a couple years back for exchanging information.

Callen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I do too. I was putting the word out back when you first started talking about it. Like @geezer mentioned, there are a few ex WT practitioners here in Texas. Maybe I can put you in touch with them if you're open to it. I also know you're not too keen on admin stuff, but a private WT Network group page might make it a lot easier for you to get connected with other likeminded WT folk.

I'll get you guys Emin's contact info from the local group here and send you a PM.