introduction

johnsimmons

White Belt
Reaction score
Before posting anything I thought I should introduce myself. My name is John Simmons. I spent 10 years in the US military and have been a security contractor now for 12.
I found this site while sitting in a hospital bed recovering from some work related injuries. I am going a bit nuts so I thought I might post here a little since I enjoy wing chun.

I practice wing chun from Leung Jan's student Lo Kwai. I started training under Sifu Steven Chao while I was stationed in Dubai . I also trained under Sifu Danny Chao, who is recently deceased, among others. I have been practicing wing chun for 10 years now . I also have experience with other martial arts and self defense methods. I have found our families style of wing chun very effective so now it is the only stand up method I train. My ground methods are mainly from BJJ and Sambo

Kwan Sau

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Before posting anything I thought I should introduce myself. My name is John Simmons. I spent 10 years in the US military and have been a security contractor now for 12.
I found this site while sitting in a hospital bed recovering from some work related injuries. I am going a bit nuts so I thought I might post here a little since I enjoy wing chun.

I practice wing chun from Leung Jan's student Lo Kwai. I started training under Sifu Steven Chao while I was stationed in Dubai . I also trained under Sifu Danny Chao, who is recently deceased, among others. I have been practicing wing chun for 10 years now . I also have experience with other martial arts and self defense methods. I have found our families style of wing chun very effective so now it is the only stand up method I train. My ground methods are mainly from BJJ and Sambo

Welcome John. Thank you for your service.
Look forward to your input and participation!

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad to have you here! Looking forward to hearing more about Lo Kwai's Wing Chun! Get well soon!

kung fu fighter

Green Belt
Reaction score

Wecome aboard John,
please check your Inbox above!

Last edited:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
welcome to MT>
hope your injuries are not very serious and that you recover quickly

dlcox

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Welcome, looking forward to any information you would be willing to share regarding your line.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, John. Hope you heal up well, bro.

OP
J

johnsimmons

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank You all for the welcome and good wishes. Physical injury is why I get the big bucks;). Although after this I will be taking on less active roles.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Where are you John? I work at Walter Reed.

jhexx

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Bless you and I hope that you have a speedy recovery my Wing Chun brother! Once you get out of bed and feel better, some Siu Lim Tao can help to re-strengthen your knees , legs, reset your breath control and instill mind meditation to allow you to relax while using the dian tien to restructure your body's core with light exercise and stretching. Then slightly ramp up as you start to get stronger. Good thing hopefully you did not sustain any long term health issues. Get well soon!

Mephisto

Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome! WC? Bjj, and sambo! What a combo! You should be able to bring some great perspective to our discussions, I look forward to it.