Introduction from Hutchinson KS

hutchtkd

White Belt
Reaction score
I wanted to introduce myself. I just joined today because I was looking for information about Jack Farr and came across several people that trained with my master instructor Manual Pina. I am a 1st Dan under Manual and presently help instruct with him in Hutchinson. We are looking for any information to contact Jack Farr or Ed Castor. Hope to hear from some of you.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! :wavey: I hope you enjoy your time here.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

There's a good number of Tae Kwon Do practitioners here from all over the world, so you may want to take a look-see at the TKD forum here.

Lots of good folks there.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! :ultracool

Mike

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
WOW!!!!

Very nice to meet you Scott!

I was born and raised in Hutchinson Ks., and now live in Wichita!
Mr. Pina was my TKD-MDK instructor when I was in my teens. I studied with him when the Dojang was still on "F" street, then 5th street and then Main street. I followed him to each location. I had a GREAT time studying under Mr. Pina and have a lot of FOND memories of him. The things I appreciate about him is the care that he shows each student and the consistancy in instruction! I remember visiting him a few years ago at his home and watching him instruct some kids in his garage. I was off to the side listening/watching and I heard him give a specific bit of knowledge to the kids...and I thought to myself "I know what he'll say next"...and he did. He's extremely consistent. But what really makes him a wonderful TKD instructor is his big heart. Physically not a BIG guy, spiritually....a giant!
I'm a better person for having studied under him.
Please give him my regards!!

I've also done my research into trying to locate Mr. Farr. After moving off to college I began my own study of American Kenpo and now teach here in Wichita. (as well as studying some other systems) So I'd be especially interested in getting back together with Mr. Farr and let him know what I'm doing now. He was always such a supportive and inspiring person. I enjoyed his every trip to Hutch to be with all of us. I still remember when Mr. Pina had just joined up with him and the flavor it gave to our practices after that! That....along with our trips to attend seminars under Mr. Parker, were what gave me my initial HUNGER for American Kenpo. Something that's lasted me a Long time now...and grown a great deal. I'm indebted to Mr. Pina and Mr. Farr for that!
IF and when you find Mr. Farr....please PLEASE let me know so I can reconnect with him as well.
Thank you.

I'll have to look you up next time I'm in Hutchinson visiting mom and dad.

Your Brother
John

(He'd know me by my full name: John Haag)

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
By the way Scott:
WELCOME to Martial Talk!
It's a wonderful site with LOTS and LOTS of knowledgeable martial artists!! There's lots of forums filled with Great material for research and just getting to know some really interesting and passionate martial artists from around the world.
ENJOY!!!

Good to know you!

Your Brother
John

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! Glad you found us here ~ Happy Posting! :)

pstarr

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! Are you talking about Jack Farr who lived in Denver many moons ago? He was a good friend but I've lost touch with him over the years-

OP
hutchtkd

hutchtkd

White Belt
Reaction score
The last that we knew, he was in OK. One of my instructors Chris Stutzman went down there and tested with him. That has been many years ago

OP
hutchtkd

hutchtkd

White Belt
Reaction score
WOW!!!!

Very nice to meet you Scott!

I was born and raised in Hutchinson Ks., and now live in Wichita!
Mr. Pina was my TKD-MDK instructor when I was in my teens. I studied with him when the Dojang was still on "F" street, then 5th street and then Main street. I followed him to each location. I had a GREAT time studying under Mr. Pina and have a lot of FOND memories of him. The things I appreciate about him is the care that he shows each student and the consistancy in instruction! I remember visiting him a few years ago at his home and watching him instruct some kids in his garage. I was off to the side listening/watching and I heard him give a specific bit of knowledge to the kids...and I thought to myself "I know what he'll say next"...and he did. He's extremely consistent. But what really makes him a wonderful TKD instructor is his big heart. Physically not a BIG guy, spiritually....a giant!
I'm a better person for having studied under him.
Please give him my regards!!

I've also done my research into trying to locate Mr. Farr. After moving off to college I began my own study of American Kenpo and now teach here in Wichita. (as well as studying some other systems) So I'd be especially interested in getting back together with Mr. Farr and let him know what I'm doing now. He was always such a supportive and inspiring person. I enjoyed his every trip to Hutch to be with all of us. I still remember when Mr. Pina had just joined up with him and the flavor it gave to our practices after that! That....along with our trips to attend seminars under Mr. Parker, were what gave me my initial HUNGER for American Kenpo. Something that's lasted me a Long time now...and grown a great deal. I'm indebted to Mr. Pina and Mr. Farr for that!
IF and when you find Mr. Farr....please PLEASE let me know so I can reconnect with him as well.
Thank you.

I'll have to look you up next time I'm in Hutchinson visiting mom and dad.

Your Brother
John

(He'd know me by my full name: John Haag)

I couldn't have said it better myself. Mr. Pina started training again in his garage in (approx) 1999 - 2000. He then decided to move to Ave A school because he needed more room. That is where I joined him. Chris Stutzman and Aron Tipton were helping him instruct at the time. After Aron passed away we moved to Hadley Daycare center and used their gym and presently we have 10 classes a week split between the YMCA and the Salvation Army Community Center. We have a little over 100 students. As far as Mr Pina being a giant spiritually...all of those classes are free! He gives so much to his students it's amazing. that is the reason that we are trying to find Mr. Farr or Ed Castor. As a gift to Mr. Pina we would like to bring them to Hutchinson for a seminar.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi, hutchtkd! My wife's from Hutch; we're going to be down that way for the fair this weekend. mmm... pronto pups.

Latest Discussions