interval training

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Extra curriculum/supplemental training – interval training

Just wanted to add a note for anyone interested.

For most of my adult (and late teen) MA years outside of my dojo time or bagwork, in training for competitions I have done weight training for strength and power and a lot of cardio training (running mainly and skipping) for base fitness.

However, only recently have I started doing circuit training in the mornings. I have found this a great benefit to my all-around athletism and outside of sparring I find it more effective than just running or skipping for helping with “fight fitness”. I still do weights in the lunch hour and go for runs in the weekend for base fitness but it is mainly half an hour circuit / interval training every weekday morning. I have no vested interest in a plug but for an example, check out the different interval training sets on the likes of www.bodyrock.tv (or as it is now “the daily hit” or something like that) plenty also on youtube. Is a lot more than just the old burpees these days.

Just something that is working for me and you might be keen to try out, if you had not already, for supplemental training outside of your skills work.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Extra curriculum/supplemental training – interval training

Just something that is working for me and you might be keen to try out, if you had not already, for supplemental training outside of your skills work.
We have interval training often in the circuit classes I join 6 mornings a week. I find it the best training I have been involved in. :asian:

Latest Discussions