Internet addiction

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Internet addiction causes brain changes similar to alcohol and drugs, study finds

"Overall, our findings indicate that IAD [internet addiction disorder] has abnormal white matter integrity in brain regions involving emotional generation and processing, executive attention, decision-making and cognitive control," head researcher Dr. Hao Lei and colleagues wrote, according to the BBC.

Internet Addiction Test

and much to my surprise I got this from the test

You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's an addiction, of course there are some changes in the brain from it......

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The test is inherently (and fatally) flawed by the lack of a "never" response. I was forced to put "rarely" on a number of questions simply because of this.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My score is 28... my family thinks I "live on line" I do spend a lot of time on line yes, admittedly but a lot of time on the computer is watching DVD's or writing... I have a story I've been working on for the past few months roughly 89 thousand words so far... still more to go.
I've gone without the net for prolonged periods my only concern would be the e-mails that I've missed and important messages. Other than that... hell, even FB could go to hell for all I care.
Now I've got a job which will take up a lot of my time I think I'll be less and less on line than I've been in the past year. I'll still check in on MT from time to time... it's still my home-page.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Actually, the questions on the test seem less about internet addiction and more about whether you're married to someone who nags you a lot.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually, the questions on the test seem less about internet addiction and more about whether you're married to someone who nags you a lot.

LOL, yep!

When hubby gets mad he accuses me of being on the computer too much....

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife is in the kitchen and I am in the bedroom on our own computers. Throughout any given night between tv shows, we type back and forth on face book. Sick, don't know, but it is fun and we get to talk a lot more to each other............ :)

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Or, if you have one of those social life thingies I keep hearing about

Latest Discussions