Interesting stuff here

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Got this off FB and thought at first cool... then it became boring and repetitious because it's difficult to know exactly what I'm looking at... yeah of course bullets hitting solid objects and ballastic gel... but what KIND of bullets? What velocity? etc. etc. Anyway it's all good and at a million frames per second pretty cool. The last part is way cool... shotgun!
[yt]QfDoQwIAaXg[/yt]

The video at the end had related stuff... this was a surprise to me, BIG BORE airguns? hmm Thought it was very interesting indeed... wonder what the laws are on these...
[yt]EZuVhFevwUg&[/yt]

This shows what those guns are capable of doing...
[yt]A2SqGcdUJR8&NR=1[/yt]

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The video at the end had related stuff... this was a surprise to me, BIG BORE airguns?
Airguns started off as "big bore." Swiss sharp shooters used them against Napoleon (IMS). Were so accurate, so hidden (no smoke cloud), so feared by the French that Napoleon issued orders that any one captured with an air rifle should be summarily executed.

Lewis and Clark took an air rifle with them on their trip westward.

They still have a (very) small following and get used for hunting from time to time.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I guess it’s simply all about the velocity a projectile is propelled. Be it propelled by an explosive powder or air, whatever gets it travelling fast. Cool videos, thanks.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Plenty of big bore airguns out there. There are a good number of 9 mm air rifles, and those 9 mm pellets give you a similar impact as a .32 ACP bullet fired from a firearm.

Latest Discussions