Interesting quote considering the source

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Meaning interesting from a Neijia vs Waijia perspective… and I fully agree with the quote by the way

A true martial art must cover internal and external training so that you can continue practice as you get older. You should be able to practice until you are sixty, seventy or even eighty. Martial arts are not just for the young and strong. They should be suitable even for those who are small and weak. --Ip Chun

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
My Wing Tsun si-fu tells us to practice as if we're old men,ie don't try to overpower our opponent.
He says if we practice it this way now, then when we are old we are still proficient because we have spent many years developing softness and yielding. If, however, we wait until we are old and try to modify our technique to accomadate our weaker bodies, then we will not be as effective because we will have a much shorter time to develop the softness and yielding.

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yak Sao, what's your sifu's name? If I ever quote him, I'd like to name the source.

Thanks ...

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yak Sao, what's your sifu's name? If I ever quote him, I'd like to name the source.

Thanks ...

His name is Allan Fong. (his chinese name is Fong Wai Hung)
He is from the Leung ting lineage.

Latest Discussions