Insight Lane

Nabakatsu

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I feel like being relaxed has finally kicked in, at least one stage of it.
My mind and body seem to get it, my arms are very sore, lol.

I wrote this out in a hurry decided to leave it as it is and try er out,

Stand in stance push fist against wall with my structure as hard as I can no muscles, don't fall back from force, but don't go beyond what is necessary, practice going at different intensities.

I took 2 days off and feel much more refreshed, I think I will switch the way I train around a bit a little bit, quality is better than quantity, tho the quantity won't be decreasing that much.

Anyone else recall or have recently had any insights they intend to act upon or are acting upon now?

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sounds like what you are doing is a isometric exercise , I don't see much harm in it as long as you don't start pressing to hard and using brute strength. The danger is that it could develop a habit of leaning in when a counterforce is suddenly taken away .

The only real way to test for this is with another human being , put your Bong Sau up and get them to put a lot of pressure on it and then take their hands away suddenly . Your arm should spring forward and your legs may step forward , but no leaning in , you should still be in total control of your center of gravity , you should not feel your weight going onto your toes .

There is a very ,very fine line between having relaxed forward force ( springy force ) and using too much muscle . You said you have no partners , maybe your sister could test to see that you don't lean and are not using the wall as a support structure.

Close your eyes and get your sister to slap your hand away from the wall at random , if you find your self leaning in and headbutting the wall that means you have problems lol , if you maintain structure and balance your on the right track.

Latest Discussions