Inside the Milky Way

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A great find! Though it makes me so tired of being stuck on this earth! :D If only I lived near a wormhole station I would have my bag packed to leave in a nanosecond. Warp factor 9 please driver and do not spare the horses!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A great find! Though it makes me so tired of being stuck on this earth! :D If only I lived near a wormhole station I would have my bag packed to leave in a nanosecond. Warp factor 9 please driver and do not spare the horses!
Don't you mean Dylithium Crystals?
Sean

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Don't you mean Dylithium Crystals?
Sean
Might be hyper-drive engines.

The universe is an astounding place indeed and we are just a infinitesimal part of it. Such as this view of our little blue marble in space from 4 Billion Miles Away and we aren't even any where NEAR the center of our own Galaxy.
Also this nice quote from Carl Sagan... (print may be too small to read so it says:
"That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher or morals, every corrupt politician, every 'superstar', every 'supreme leader', every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there - on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam."
~Carl Sagan, from a lecture delivered at Cornell University: 10/13/94

any body feeling small yet?

Attachments

• $earth-pale-blue-dot.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 109
  • $earth_.jpg
    $earth_.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 114

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
thanks

as if I needed my inferiority complex magnified......

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just because ... :)

[yt]V2URYX9nfQA[/yt]

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
But on a more serious note, I looked at the link above and tried to find a home page for the documentary. I want to find a listing of where they're showing this on a big screen. Even if it isn't IMAX. My local Imax is showing Cars 2. :rolleyes:

Latest Discussions