Info on Ryukyu kempo

OP
D

DKI Girl

So if everyone is done with the bashing.....can we get back to answering Searcher's questions and help him find a place to train....

Searcher....I don't know any of the instructors from the Kentucky area personally, but I would recommend that you call or drop in and watch a class and see what you think for yourself.

dki girl

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by DKI Girl
So if everyone is done with the bashing.... dki girl

Bashing?
I didn’t know exposing the truth about someone making false claims as to whom they trained with and for how long and what they actually learned was “bashing”.

If I ran into a mechanic that was dishonest and someone asked me if that mechanic could be trusted or not I would be doing them a favor by no sending him to that mechanic.
Same thing here.

When “Georgie” stops “manipulating” his martial Resume and comes clean I think the “bashing” will stop. Of course he won’t be making any money if he does that though.

OP
S

Sauzin

Just my personal observation, but practitioners of Dillman’s art can range greatly in street applicable knowledge. They all tend to be very knowledgeable but the ability to apply their knowledge can vary.

I certainly understand the original poster's frustration with learning lots of kata. I can only say that if you are learning kata from the right person then it is severely street applicable. In fact it is what makes karate what it is. And karate can be a pretty sport or a devastatingly efficient and well rounded combat system. It all depends on who is practicing it and what is being taught. And what is taught is kata.

My suggestion would be to view or participate in a few classes. Be respectful but ask questions and look to see if what they are doing works when they apply it. Ask to be shown. Look to see if they struggle to make it work. You might feel a bit of pain, but you will know if what they are doing has real substance. Don't make any judgments about the class until you've seen it. A good teacher will practice what he teaches and can demonstrate when asked.

Hope this helps,

-Paul Holsinger

Latest Discussions