"In gods and goddesses we trust"

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
This should be good… Frivolous Lawsuits will be STACKING uplike cord wood

I once worked in a Government office that had a first floor lined will pillars on the inside of the building and every Christmas different offices in that department would decorate a pillar. One year one office took bible quotes and put them all over the pillar and someone took offense to it and even brought in a Lawyer and they were yelling about separation of Church and State. They did not seem to care about the angles hung all aroundone pillar with piano wire…by the neck (my ex-fiancée called them “Angels We Have Hung on High”) but the quotes they found offensive. So instead of fighting the department had them removed to which the office that put them up starded yelling about discrimination and freedom of speech, I never found out what came of all that. I saw a similar thing when a school used theword “Holy” on its light up sign in front of the school at Christmas time.

So now we are going to put “In God We Trust” all overschools and Government offices…. Let the games begin.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You would think at this time people had more pressing problems...in The House and else were.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The point isn't to work on something meaningful, it's to use sleight of hand to make really big problems "disappear" from the consciousness by bringing up crap like this. Like a particularly shiny object, it's a deliberate distraction for people to fixate on.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The point isn't to work on something meaningful, it's to use sleight of hand to make really big problems "disappear" from the consciousness by bringing up crap like this. Like a particularly shiny object, it's a deliberate distraction for people to fixate on.
Sadly, you are too right on that!

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
1) i dont see why anyone would have a problem with this
and
2) this is just smoke to hide the utter failure that is the obama regime

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
and

A) it's a waste of taxpayers money to push for BS laws.
B) the previous administration had similar smoke screens.

OP
fangjian

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score

I find it odd that you wouldn't have a problem with our paper money saying "In Muhammad (peace be upon him) we trust"

You'd be ok with that?!

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
if the majority of this country is muslim, that would be fine, since it isnt, it isnt

very simple really

I find it odd that you wouldn't have a problem with our paper money saying "In Muhammad (peace be upon him) we trust"

You'd be ok with that?!

OP
fangjian

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
if the majority of this country is muslim, that would be fine, since it isnt, it isnt

very simple really

Ahh. So you don't agree with the separation of church/state concept. I guess I just assumed.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It's a non-issue. I'm not a xtian, but I don't have any problem with 'In God We Trust' on our money. I wouldn't have any problem with also including Muslim, Jewish or Buddhist language on the money, too. I'm not trying to be inclusive. I just really don't consider it worth giving any significant time to worrying about.

Let's put the Spaghetti Monster on there, too, while we're at it. It just doesn't matter.

And in a similar vein, if you want to pray at school, knock yourself out. Just don't require my child to pray and we're all good. By all means, teach my kids all about your religions, just don't try to do it in science class. I think there's real value in teaching kids about world religions. It's just not science and shouldn't be taught as such.

Let's all get over this crap. It's not that big a deal.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score

Because this country has a secular government by design. Because not everyone believes in God. Because not everyone can even agree on which "God" we are all supposed to trust. Because some religious people have strong strictures about putting religious statements on money or other secular devices.

You have a limited imagination.

You do know that this was put forth by the Republicans...right?!?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

You'd be ok with that?!

Fallacy, it would read 'Allah' since it does not read Jesus either... :)

nitpick moment over.

OP
fangjian

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
Fallacy, it would read 'Allah' since it does not read Jesus either... :)

nitpick moment over.

Doesn't matter. It's government catering to a religion. You can choose any name. Aphrodite, Yahweh, ...

Latest Discussions