Im NEw!

C

canadiangirl09

:partyon: Hi everyone im new! im from hamilton ontario, 13 yrs old and im going for my blackbelt soon. But i am really nervous because im afraid ill mess up in front of everyone! I need help! Can anyone help me?:uhyeah:

dmdfromhamilton

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! happy posting, and i'm sorry i can't give you advice about the test (she already does to my school) but thats why i sent you here everybody please help her out

AC_Pilot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi hun,

Have you tried deep breathing meditation exercises? Sit or lay quietly somewhere with no distractions, several times a day, and take SLOW and DEEP full breaths, completely exhale all the air in your lungs, then fully inhale, at least 10 to 20 breaths, and try to think of your black belt success during this sequence. See yourself receiving that black belt after you suceed. Think positively about yourself.. you got this far so there's a good chance you'll make it the first time. But remember, NO one, I mean NO one always suceeds every time. I am 44 and believe me although much of my life I was the ace and golden boy type, I've had some heartbreaking failures and sadness too. Winners are the ones who pick themselves up after a failure/loss, and renew their determination to win next time and be positive. At your age you can pretty much be sure there will be a "next time" so don't be discouraged. And practice as much as you can, memorizing every motion/sequence which is required. Maybe finish each kata session with the breathing meditation. Hope that helps :)

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi canadiangirl!~ Welcome to Martialtalk! You know, everybody gets nervous because they want to do well on their test. After all you have probably practiced and practiced so much already and that's why your instructor gave you the go ahead, right? That's an indicator that you will do well, you just do your best and show your stuff. Since you got to red belt you have done your best or you wouldn't be that far.

Just eat a good dinner before, like spaghetti, get lots of rest, bring a carbo bar to eat a hour before (no later than that) and go for it. We will all wish you well, and please come back to the forum and tell us all about it. And above all, have fun! TW :partyon: :partyon:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
canadiangirl09 said:
:partyon: Hi everyone im new! im from hamilton ontario, 13 yrs old and im going for my blackbelt soon. But i am really nervous because im afraid ill mess up in front of everyone! I need help! Can anyone help me?:uhyeah:
Welcome...
Advice? Hmm, how about ... breathe in, breathe out, in through the nose out the mouth... left the circle, right the circle... :wink1:
Just relax and think about everything you know and just do it.

Good Luck

OP
C

canadiangirl09

Aww thank you everyone !! I've finally learned to acutually use this ! You are sooo nice! I'll take the advice when i take the test its not for awhile though!

Canadian Girl 09

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome Canadiangirl09, relax, keep a positive attitude no matter what happens. I'm sure you will do great. Best of luck.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

As for the upcoming test: Stay relaxed. I'm sure your inst. wouldnt put you up for the test if he/she didnt feel that you were ready. Continue to train hard, eat right, etc. and I'm sure you'll do fine!

Mike

OP
J

jjmcc

Hello and welcome to martial talk :ultracool

All i can say is just try and relax and "GOOD LUCK" :ultracool

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome! :) I hope you enjoy MT. And I'm sure you will do very very well on your test! Calm breaths.

Latest Discussions