Im Interested in getting a new sword.

gyoja

2nd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But to bring things back to the lighter side of things. I'm always game for a good watermelon. Video. Speaking of a weapon turning on you. The funny part is the conversation after it happens lol. And the choice of words before it happens. Yes, your grass is greener than the other side lol.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes! 😂

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes it was. But it's a really good example that highlights that there's more to swinging a blade than just hacking at it. So many things done the wrong way. Look at the cut. Even though holding the watermellon like he did was stupid. He was destined to be cut as soon as he started to swing.. I'm not sure why he didn't lay it on it's side. Either way. He probably learned a big lesson that day.
View attachment 30993
I could definitely see something like that happening with the Chinese dao that have the very flexible blade. I think that flex would let it drift and then the path of the cut goes all wonky. Some rigidity in the blade would stabilize the path of the cut, I imagine.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I could definitely see something like that happening with the Chinese dao that have the very flexible blade. I think that flex would let it drift and then the path of the cut goes all wonky. Some rigidity in the blade would stabilize the path of the cut, I imagine.
Correct. But it seems just a little rise.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never understood all the videos of people cutting water-filled plastic bottles. They are thin walled thus offering very little resistance to the blade. Very silly.

Latest Discussions