IKKA Information

M

Mark Weiser

This may have been asked before I am sure. How does one contact the IKKA? I had some questions to ask.

OP
M

Mark Weiser

That is unfortunate to hear. However I guess nothing last forever. It is sad to hear about the Pasadena School. Is it still up for rent? It would be interesting to have another Senior or someone in EPAK reopen the school. I did call and left a message at that number. I will let you all know what I found out. Thanks Mike.

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Mark Weiser said:
Is it still up for rent?

Nope. Sometimes it's better to let things run their natural course. I miss the Pasadena Studio, but with everything happening the way that it did I think it was time for it to close.

OP
M

Mark Weiser

I just got off the phone with Ed Parker Jr. he is a very insight and bright also honest and friendly. The IKKA is as Mike put it currently in Flux due to personal circumstances.

Additional information he gave me about the future of Kenpo was very encouraging. I for one would be happy to assist him in his plans by supporting him with his Kenpo Cards project by purchasing them and using them as training aids for Schools.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Hand Sword said:
Is the really wishfull thinking, or, is the IKKA, realistically dead? If so, that's truly a shame, hope that's not the case.
From what I understand it is in suspended animation at this time. What will eventually become of it? Only time will tell.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hand Sword said:
Is the really wishfull thinking, or, is the IKKA, realistically dead? If so, that's truly a shame, hope that's not the case.
As a long time direct personal student of the Late Senior GrandMaster Ed Parker, I can say that I am also sad, but as in life, these things do happen.

The good news is...:) that there are several of us out there that are truly dedicated to teaching the total curriculum of Ed Parker's American Kenpo!! The Art is in good shape!

So find a good instructor and forge ahead........

:asian:

OP
W

ward kenpo

The initals of the I.K.K.A. are dead but not the people who were part of it, Check out ikkfederation.com.
we are bigger than a set of letters.
John,

Dr. Kenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Bill Lear said:
Nope. Sometimes it's better to let things run their natural course. I miss the Pasadena Studio, but with everything happening the way that it did I think it was time for it to close.
What course would that be Mr. Lear? A seroius question here.

No, I'm not being a wise guy here. (You know me, just a different handle here, for security reasons, believe it, or not)

OP
M

Mark Weiser

From what Ed Parker Jr. shared with me there is a reason behind the cards. He acknowledges the fact that the IKKA may never be the same as when his father had it. But Ed Parker Jr. has some great plans for EPAKS.

D_Brady

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hand Sword said:
Does anyone know of a legitimate kenpo instructor in the Boston Ma. area, that truly knows the ins and outs of kenpo?
Thanks for the help.

Ms Cogliandro is an 8th degree and is very good, her school is based in Revere. :asian:

TChase

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hand Sword said:
Does anyone know of a legitimate kenpo instructor in the Boston Ma. area, that truly knows the ins and outs of kenpo?
Thanks for the help.
It depends on what you're looking for and how far you're willing to travel. The best Kenpo school in the New England area in my opinion is located just over the border in NH. It would probably be 45-60mins from Boston. But if you insist on being close to Boston, Ms. Cogliandro as stated before would not be a bad choice.

-Tom

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score

By far Steve White in Manchester, NH. He is about an hour north from Boston.
He is a student of Mr. Lee Wedlake, (student of SGM Parker). He has also studied concurrently with Huk Planas. Check out his site NECKF

TChase

Green Belt
Reaction score
kenpo3631 said:
By far Steve White in Manchester, NH. He is about an hour north from Boston.
He is a student of Mr. Lee Wedlake, (student of SGM Parker). He has also studied concurrently with Huk Planas. Check out his site NECKF
That's not the one I was talking about but that wouldn't be a bad choice either.