IKC -International Karate Championships

K

Kenpolane

I read somewhere that the IKC will be held this year on the east coast. I have never been to the IKC, how do you think it will compare to past Championships in Long Beach? And do any of you have any info on when and where it will be this year?:D

OP
K

KenpoGirl

And Doreen Cogliandro is hosting it. Here's her site, you'll get all the information on there. I'm going to do my darnest to be there. I have a friend in Oklahoma who is going to compete

IKC 2003, Buffalo, NY

Hope this helps.

dot
:asian:

OP
W

WilliamTLear

The European International Karate Championships are to be held in Boston by Doreen Cogliandro in 2003.

Frank Trejo and Jon Ramsey will behosting their International Martial Arts Championships and Convention in Long Beach On February 14th, 2003.

Mrs. Parker and Family are going to try to bring back the Original Long Beach International Karate Championships in the summer of 2004.

Everybody wants the Internationals, but whose will you go to? and why?

Hasta,
Billy "The International Man Of Mystery" Lear :cool:

P.S. Gou is gay! He said so on another forum.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by WilliamTLear

Everybody wants the Internationals, but whose will you go to? and why?

I wanted to go to Mr. Trejo's last year, and I hope to go in 2003.
I will also try to go to the IKC in summer 2004 now that I know about it. Thank you! :D

However, Mr. Trejo picked up the torch and deserves to be supported in my opinion. :cool:

I will make an effort to go to the first 1-2 IKC's. But all things being equal, I'll prefer Mr. Trejo's tournament since he has found a way to succeed where the IKC failed. I am not opposed to supporting both, but as I say, if forced to choose, I'll take the IMACC.

I don't feel any obligation to compete in the European IKC so I have no plans to attend. If things work out that I can go when it is in the US, I might like to try it. But how can it be the European IKC if it is held in the US/outside of Europe? This seems strange to me.
:asian:

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kenpolane

I read somewhere that the IKC will be held this year on the east coast. I have never been to the IKC, how do you think it will compare to past Championships in Long Beach? And do any of you have any info on when and where it will be this year?:D

The 2002 Europeans were held in Spain in May.
2003 will be in Boston.

I wasn't there myself, as I'm not permitted to take part in the event.

However, I understand from friends that the event was very good, not only from the tournament point of view, but also some exceptionally good seminars.

Just wish I could have been there.

Les

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Les
I wasn't there myself, as I'm not permitted to take part in the event. <snip> Just wish I could have been there.

Why couldn't you? Did ya kill someone?

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin

Why couldn't you? Did ya kill someone?

Gou,

The only time I might kill someone in a tournament is if any spectators die laughing.

It's a political thing, but it would not be appropiate to discuss it here on a forum.

if you really want to know, I'll drop you an e-mail later.

Les

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Les
It's a political thing, but it would not be appropiate to discuss it here on a forum. if you really want to know, I'll drop you an e-mail later.

No. I think I know what you are talking about and I don't like it. But I'm not into politics so I don't care that much. I don't think however I'd like having to ask permission to "play" and then being told I can't. Sux to be you.

But if you're happy then, "You go girl!"
:D

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Kirk
Why wouldn't you?

It's in Boston. I'm in Canada. It's for Kenpoists. It's money I can spend on something else. I don't have a way there. I don't have a place to stay. I don't have the time off work. I don't like most people in general and listening to a bunch of Kenpoists discuss their art and try to use big words so they sound smarter doesn't appeal to me. Plus the bickering about who is better, what association is best blah blah blah...

Shall I continue?

OP
G

GouRonin

I'd go to see friends maybe but I don't know if I could handle all these yahoos going on and on and on about Kenpo. Not without wanting to give them all a hockey stick in the wee wee.

I will be at Jeff Blay's August Kenpo camp in NY state though. I like Jeff. He never bugs me about Kenpo. So when I am there and he's training in Kenpo. I join him. Why? Just 'cause I go where the fun is baby and Jeff makes Kenpo fun.

Of course after the camp I immediatly run home and scrub my self for hours to get rid of the Kenpo smell. But that's another story.

Must...get...clean...

Roland

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Mrs. Cogliandro has 3 hotels ready for people planning on attending.
I was just there at the start of June to do some training, and found out that 2 of the hotels are booked solid already. Apparently the Irish have taken one over completely.
Soooooooooooo, if you are planning to go, book early.
Should be a lot of fun, if you register early you get the camp, dinner & tourny for a great price too.

Latest Discussions