If You Won The Lottery

D

Disco

If you should be so fortunate as to win a big buck lottery. what would you do - Martial Arts Wise - with the money?
:shrug:

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would buy myself a few new uniforms and then open a really nice Kenpo school with lots of nice equiptment in it and a good air conditioner!!. :asian: :karate:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Build a Dojo for my instructor so I wouldnt have to keep getting thrown into the walls in the TINY space we train in.

Oh, and host a LOT of seminars in said space.

Heh heh.

OP
K

Kirk

I'd have a kenpo party. I'd pay seniors their seminar rates, and
fly them in. I'd fly in some kenpo friends that I've met online,
and invite certain members from the surrounding areas, plus
my instructors, and certain members from my school, to all work
out, like a by invitation only kenpo camp or something. But I'd
have major eats for each meal, and booze and music at night.

Get up, shake off the hangovers, and get back on the mats.
For a whole weekend, like starting friday night, and then sendin'
everybody back sunday afternoon or evening.

OP
M

Master of Blades

I would fly out to America, hold a Martial Talk Get together....and send everyone a set amount of money to come together....and then kick some ***, fly back to here, Build a Dojo for my dad, buy some nice equipment and then hopefully run a business from it :D

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Shodan
I would buy myself a few new uniforms and then open a really nice Kenpo school with lots of nice equiptment in it and a good air conditioner!!. :asian: :karate:

Uniforms I got, but everything else, I'd do! Plus, take over Texas totally!;)

rachel

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Technopunk
Build a Dojo for my instructor so I wouldnt have to keep getting thrown into the walls in the TINY space we train in.

Oh, and host a LOT of seminars in said space.

Heh heh.
This is what I'd do. Build a bigger Dojo for my instructor. We have so many people now it's unbelievable.

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by rachel
This is what I'd do. Build a bigger Dojo for my instructor. We have so many people now it's unbelievable.

Send some to me, I have none.:(

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If we're talking about the REALLY big lotto winnings then I'd quit work, build a martial arts complex (not just a dojo) train full time and attempt to become the mecca of the MA world. Oh, yeah, and I'd sponsor martial talk for a couple of years:D

OP
K

KatGurl

Find a better place for my dad's Martial Art school, and pay the rent (as much as possible) :)

OP
K

KatGurl

Originally posted by Master of Blades
I would fly out to America, hold a Martial Talk Get together....and send everyone a set amount of money to come together....and then kick some ***, fly back to here, Build a Dojo for my dad, buy some nice equipment and then hopefully run a business from it :D

The get together was a great idea. That would be really cool if MOB really won the lottery and really did what he posted!!!!! :D:D:D:D

OP
F

fist of fury

That would be good everyone could meet up. Best of all we could have mat time.. put up or shut up for all the sh** talkers here people that claim they are a bad a** . Let's put them on that mat if you make up excuses not to then we know who just talks and who can back up what they say.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
buy the land, custom build the dojo, fly in guest instructors weekly, offer more to the community!!!!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmm.

Win lotto - what to do MA wise?

Buy lots of land and build big house, with a fully equiped training area. Hold annual MT training camp with the best of the best instructing. Free admission for MT members.

Travel the world training with the best instructors in the arts that interest me.

drop the 50k into MT that will allow it to become the leading source for all things martial

The other non-MA stuff:
-take care of my familys needs
-place 10% in a fund to help others
-fund my business
-buy a humvee :)
-build a huge paintball field on the land with all the gear n stuff.

:)

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by fist of fury
That would be good everyone could meet up. Best of all we could have mat time.. put up or shut up for all the sh** talkers here people that claim they are a bad a** . Let's put them on that mat if you make up excuses not to then we know who just talks and who can back up what they say.

Crap......:shrug:

Now that Im thinking about it, I would buy the playboy empire from Hugh....And then teach them all the ways of the martial arts....:D

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Now that Im thinking about it, I would buy the playboy empire from Hugh....And then teach them all the ways of the martial arts....:D

Why, just let them do what they have always done and you would most likely forget about training.:p

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig
give him a roll of paper towels, he would turn into a drooling idiot.....wait a minute...he's half way there.

He wouldn't have either eye and look like popeye.:rofl: