Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
More Powerful than a Roundhouse Kick!

By Matt Singer
Oct 22nd 2007 2:26PM Filed Under:Endorsements, Mike Huckabee, Humor

norris.jpg
Chuck Norris is endorsing appointing Mike Huckabee as the next President of the United States. For Huckabee's rivals, this is what can only be called a terrifying moment. Chuck Norris is well-known for having basically invented pain and death. We can only imagine the spectacle when he extends his fists and roundhouse kicks into the realm of electoral politics. Here's a bit from Norris' column:
Friends, it's time for people to get off the bench and onto the playing field. If we are going to see a man like Mike Huckabee elected, it's time to rally behind him, support him financially, pray for him daily and spread the word of his character, platform and experience.​

So can a man who was raised in a poor background from Hope, Ark., become governor then president? As Mike says, "Our country has already proven that!" What I would ask is: Give Hope another chance! This time, they want to send in the real cavalry.​

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It isn't that he isn't presidential material. He is a virtual unkown, an outspoken Christian, and while every Democratic candidate has and will campaigned from the pulpit, that isn't something that wins.

Wild Bill

Green Belt
Reaction score
I usually defer to Chuck Almighty but he is wrong on this one. Regardless of if you are a Democrat or a Republican there is only one candidate to vote for if you care about the Constitution, liberty, and freedom. Ron Paul! Hope for America!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ron Paul is probably the only REAL conservative of the bunch. He actually has the record to prove it.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ron Paul is a wing nut, and when you examine his policies closely many of them are bat-**** insane. But he's on the right side when it comes to civil liberties, the current wars and the rule of Law.

Kucinich-Paul in '08

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ron Paul is a wing nut, and when you examine his policies closely many of them are bat-**** insane. But he's on the right side when it comes to civil liberties, the current wars and the rule of Law.

Specify 'right wing nut'. Wing nut is too general and someone may think of 'left wing nuts' when the term 'wing nut' is used. Ron Paul definitely isn't in line with the Bush/Clinton types. Plus, isn't it funny how politicians that are on the right side of some issues just happen to agree with you on those same issues? Every time! ;)

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Specify 'right wing nut'. Wing nut is too general and someone may think of 'left wing nuts' when the term 'wing nut' is used. Ron Paul definitely isn't in line with the Bush/Clinton types. Plus, isn't it funny how politicians that are on the right side of some issues just happen to agree with you on those same issues? Every time! ;)

Oh no, there are no left wing nuts. There are simply varying degrees in the 'passion' with which they pursue their 100% correct goals. ;)

Plus, it's redundant.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
No Cory, there are left wingnuts. The stupid twits wearing black hoodies who cashion themselves "anarchists" are prime. The ALF and ELF types are another good example. It's the Right that has trouble with nuance of any sort.

As to some of Paul's batshit policies, let's consider his idea of what to get rid of - NIST, Education and Energy, EPA, FEC, SEC, Agriculture, CDC and a plethora of others. His religious faith in The Market (LAAA!!!!) to magically solve all problems and his selective blindness that holds that market power and economic coercion are impossible are good places to start digging. Lord knows you don't have to dig far.

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
With Lyndon LaRouche not running in 2008, we have a real shortage of bat-**** insane political candidates this year. And I think it's a shame.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I still say Bob Hubbard for President. If he's capable of creating a website/forum where folks from dozens of various martial arts styles can get together and peacefully discuss the pros/cons of their preferred art then imagine what he can do as President and in the House?

Da man gots my vote! :D

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I usually defer to Chuck Almighty but he is wrong on this one. Regardless of if you are a Democrat or a Republican there is only one candidate to vote for if you care about the Constitution, liberty, and freedom. Ron Paul! Hope for America!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

We haven't heard from Wild Bill since that post.

Could Chuck's round house have gotten him?

Senjojutsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So I was just thinking.

Chuck Norris has the right as an American citizen to endorse & support whatever candidate or political cause – as do we all.

By my question back to fellow members is why do we care about celebrity opinions so much in this modern age?

Be they actors, musicians or models - it is a never-ending issues assault on us the lowly plebian class.

So Celebrity X on Oprah wants to save the rainforest this week. BFD :mad:

Now if these celebrities could enter into a debate and respond to four or five hostile opposing questions maybe I would at least know the scope of their background knowledge of the issue or candidate.

But those tough questions as a rule never seem to happen on pabulum puking celebrity TV or in popular magazines.

Most celebrities if they had to debate on their feet would end up sounding like Miss South Carolina of Miss Teen USA Pageant infamy – okay maybe not that bad.
:)

As with many I am just tired of Election 2008 before the first primary vote is cast.

Perhaps I just miss Lyndon LaRouche babbling about the Queen of England or colonizing Mars; the good old days are gone forever.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Because in a democratic republic, celebrities are the new aristocracy.

Wild Bill

Green Belt
Reaction score
We haven't heard from Wild Bill since that post.

Could Chuck's round house have gotten him?

I always thought Chuck would be direct and just give the the spinning back kick of doom but I am beginning to wonder if he sent out his minions to make me suffer first. Perhaps he is behind all of the 12 hour night shifts. Perhaps there is a reason other than insanity that drives my philosophy professor to give out pop quizes over the insane amount of readings she assigns. DAMN YOU CHUCK NORRIS! YOU WON'T BREAK ME!

Ron Paul is my kind of wing nut. He believes in freedom for individuals. He appeals to individuals who have a strong hatred of collectivism. Some of his libertarian principles are not practical in the real world but at least he has principles. He is not trying to be someone he is not and does not compromise in order to win votes. That is why he will probably lose.

Brian S

Purple Belt
Reaction score
We will not pick the president. CHUCK will pick the president.

Vote for Mike Huckabee or suffer the wrath of a spinning backfist to your face!!

:shooter:

Latest Discussions