I should’ve started here and I missed it

dream

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My bad y’all!

Hey I’m from NYC - I started with a black belt in Japanese karate and then I looked for the Chinese internal schools

I am WSLVT now but I came from a 25 year wutang 3 treasures (sun Lu tang baguzhang, hsing i, taijichuan and aalso a little yang and Chen style as well when I lived abroad) but I’m fully wing chun at this point, and I consider it the 4th internal Chinese martial art. We were the only real wutang school outside of Chinatown in the boros and our sifu was from chinatown so it was a rare gem to find. I went to wing chun because I needed to train, and there was no wutAng around besides chinatown and I’m not Chinese so I’m not going to bother them when I know I’m not really wanted lol

Wing chun sounded and seems to be the closest shaolin art to what I did and once I got to Biu gee and the dummy I found my hypothesis worked. I am now happier than ever in my martial arts life

anyway thanks for the site and for bearing with my poor knowledge of forum etiquette as I joined only upon finding this site (I used to be in a site called taobums but it got nonsense and I stopped using the internet for a while), only got back into the online world this summer and I found this only a couple of nights ago

Glad I did ; wealth of info and great members with long histories of martial arts

Thanks again and happy holidays

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, brother.
Happy Holidays to you as well. :)

bluepanther

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Welcome, hope you can find some good conversations here. I already have and got some good information.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy! Consider yourself firmly chastised for not stopping by and introducing yourself before actually interacting... ;)

Latest Discussions