I miss my old printer....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Found a suggestion for crafts at the store: Put your photo on canvas, then manipulate it with clear varnish to give it texture.
So I wanted to try this out: print a picture in 'poster' format, 4 sheets, so I can put them on 8x10 canvas...
too bad, I can no longer print like that. 15 years ago my HP printer could do that. I miss that beast of a printer: Continuous paper, posters in letter size pieces...absolute stunning resolution - at the time it was complete overkill for my needs....now I want it back :(

Any ideas? (plus I think I would have too much white space around my 8x10 prints on the home prints.)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Two possible suggestions. First, and probably the easiest (but not the cheapest) is to go to kinkos and have them do it.

You can also just have the image printed directly onto canvas in any size you'd like. They do a nice job. I had panorama printed that was about 3' x 9' on backlit vinyl and it was only about $200, including shipping. There are companies that can do it locally. The quality will vary, but I'm sure that most do a very nice job.

Or you can take the photos into an editor and manually create four (or however many) images out of it. Just split it up into sections and print each section.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oh for crying out loud, just drop the $22,000 for the HP Designjet T1200 HD Multifunction Printer and you'll never even remember you had an old printer :D

What was your old printer?

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh for crying out loud, just drop the $22,000 for the HP Designjet T1200 HD Multifunction Printer and you'll never even remember you had an old printer :D

What was your old printer?

some HP job....probably the 'cadilac' back then :lol:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
OK...how about this one...this is an old printer

4f5c79bb301c02de10074ad2581c9925-orig

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
hey, it still works...unlike my rather recent ones....

Latest Discussions