I have a confession to make...

G

GouRonin

Last night while doing some work for my job I stopped by a local martial arts school where my friend was teaching Kenpo.

Just to say hello mind you.

So we're talking and he has some extra time and he asks me if I want to do some forms.

So I say no. I don't do Kenpo.

He says, "C'mon! One form. It won't kill you."

I said no. Several times in fact. But he just kept bugging me. So finally I said ok. One damn form and then I have to go.

Well next thing you know it's 2 hours later and we've gone through several forms, a handful of techniques, some sets and done some grafting and even played with Zach Whitson's Kenpo Counter-Point.

I'M SOO WEAK! **sob** I JUST COULDN'T STOP! HE WAS SNEAKY ABOUT IT! DAMN YOUUUU! THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN! NEVER! IF ANY OF YOU THINK THAT FOR ONE MOMENT I AM GOING BACK TO MY OLD WAYS WELL YOU CAN JUST FORGET IT OK?! IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

**folding my arms across my chest & walking away in a huff**

Mace

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That's funny. Must be where the phrase "You'll leave kenpo long before it leaves you" came from. Its tough to stop once you start gettting in "the groove".
Mace

OP
G

GouRonin

They tricked me into doing it when I wasn't looking.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
:cuss:

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Yiliquan1

Just curious...

Why did you leave Kenpo and why are you so adamant about not doing it again?

I'm new here... :lol:

Gou is a kenpo fanatic...don't let his smoke and mirror show fool you...:wink1:

OP
F

fist of fury

Originally posted by GouRonin

They tricked me into doing it when I wasn't looking.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
:cuss:

They can be sneaky that way. Where do you think Lucas got the inspiration for the jedi mind trick, it's actually from kenpo.

OP
P

pineapple head

For a fella that does'nt like Kenpo you are well known around the Kenpo forums Gou!

OP
S

Stick Dummy

Seig,

WTF?

How did Gou find out about our daily shift change proceedures?????????????

:duel:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OP
T

tonbo

Welcome back to the fold, Gou.

Admit it.....you can't go too far. Hell, one of the very first really cool websites on Kenpo I ever found was yours. You can't fool *everyone*.

It's like that song says, no? "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave"

:rofl:

OH, yeah....and about that story. Sounds good--I'd stick with it. You might actually get someone to believe you, if you kick 'em in the head first......

Peace--

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Goldendragon7
Thats because he has no life!

At this point I am looking at your post count and my post count and thinking of the old adage of the pot calling the kettle black...
:eek: