I got my purple belt!

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by KenpoTess
We just got home.. Chronuss and we sat through the show.. and gee there was free refreshments.. I had a sip of water.. :)

Remember to set your clocks forward.. ~! Hey it was great talking to you on the phone :)

Free water?!?

Good talking to you too, I think, I heard that small growl from you over the line, the hair on the back my neck stood up........:eek:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo
I think one of Jasons biceps just got deflated!

Hehe........:)

It's just one more thing to add to the list of many:eek:

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by rachel
thanks, everybody. I feel like the queen of pain right now. My arms don't hurt like I thought they would but tomorrow is another day. What keeps you all going during enduring tests like that? What do you think about?

Just......One.....More.......
I.....Can......Do......Just......One......More.....

Well done on your grading.

--Dave:asian:

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hijacking, I knew it! IKKO terrorists have finally hit below the belt, AGAIN!:mad:

It's that damn Tracy influence.............
:D

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Memory is the first thing to go.. *G*

Of all the things I have lost....................

I miss my mind the most:confused:

--Dave

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Memory is the first thing to go.. *G*

Tess,

My Doctor(s) told me that the memory is the second thing to go. The first, well is why you do not really get upset when you loose your memory. :D

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Free water?!?

Good talking to you too, I think, I heard that small growl from you over the line, the hair on the back my neck stood up........:eek:

Yes Free water.. it was city stuff..straight outta the tap in a dixie cup with ice.. blech~!!

You woulda thought the artsy types that frequent these musical soires would of had at least Bottled water *G*

Good to know I can make hair on necks stand up still :EG:

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rich Parsons
Tess,

My Doctor(s) told me that the memory is the second thing to go. The first, well is why you do not really get upset when you loose your memory. :D

2nd thing to go eh Rich... *furitively checking to see if I'm all still here *G*

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
We just got home.. Chronuss and we sat through the show.. and gee there was free refreshments.. I had a sip of water.. :)

Remember to set your clocks forward.. ~! Hey it was great talking to you on the phone :)
Those refreshments were not free, that dixie cup of water that we each got a sip out of, and it turned out to be one ice cube abd tap water, cost me a dollar.:miffer:

S

shoshiman

Originally posted by rachel
My arms are gonna hurt tomorrow. 200 push ups and 200 sit ups. You might think I'm crazy but to keep going whenI'd run out of steam I kept thinking "Bruce Lee. Bruce Lee". I don't know where it came from or why but saying it in my head made it a lot easier doing those pushups and sit ups. Anybody else have little mind tricks to keep them going during a test? What are they?:)

Congrats Rachel. another milestone in your martial arts journey!
I wrote the following paragragh a while back, it's a required paper for my black belt. The theme is what the "Black Belt means to me". Hope this helps you for your next test:

"Why do we train? Maybe it's because we seek something from ourselves, go further than we actually thought we could. That our reach exceeds our grasps. The actual value of training is not achieved through birthright, race, and station in life. Maybe it's those long hours of dogged determination and self-discipline carried out alone, imposed and supervised by an exacting conscience. You may train for a short period of time, or maybe you train for the rest of your life, but the character you build is yours forever"

Good luck in your journey.

Peace and Respect :asian:

Shoshiman

phlaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Congrats, sounds like a fun test!

I still say my favorite test in TKD was the one that I threw up in the middle and still passed.

J

Jill666

Hahahahaha :rofl:

Too funny as that has actually been my mantra on occasion "I will not puke, I will not puke, I will not puke".

For the record, I haven't puked in a test. :D

Latest Discussions