I dunno if This is True

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But if it is, great heres a warning, if not ignore it.

I don't know if anyone has a heavy bag, but I got an email at work about this one. The chain broke and the top of the bag ripped. When they went to repair it, they found out it was filled with sharp scrap metal and some nasty stuff that you wouldn't want to punch. The bag was marketed under the name Immortal Martial Arts.
Apparently, it was not just that one bag, so the email stated to check yours if you have one.
IMMORTAL MARTIAL ARTS WEB ADDRESS IS: HTTP://WWW.IMMORTALUSA.COM

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
it's entirely possible that this is a guerilla marketing tactic by a rival company. i'm just saying.

it doesn't make much sense to fill a heavy bag with scrap metal: it would cost more to ship & leave you open to tons of lawsuits.

jf

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's entirely possible that this is a guerilla marketing tactic by a rival company. i'm just saying.

it doesn't make much sense to fill a heavy bag with scrap metal: it would cost more to ship & leave you open to tons of lawsuits.

jf

Of course there's a certain type of person who will order it so they can punch a bag full of metal lol! Chances are that it's even given some people ideas.............:uhohh:

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno about the bag, but they sell some ridiculously expensive goddam rope-at prices to rival Francis Bannerman!

I mean, call me crazy, but $165 for 50 ft. of 2" manila rope seems outlandish-never mind nearly $500 for 100 ft of 2" nylon....I wish I'd thought of it!

Attachments

• $ShowImage.jpg
    $ShowImage.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 162

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Of course there's a certain type of person who will order it so they can punch a bag full of metal lol! Chances are that it's even given some people ideas.............:uhohh:

this product must be marketed. i vote we call it "bag o' metal" & approach dave mustaine for an endorsement deal.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I dunno about the bag, but they sell some ridiculously expensive goddam rope-at prices to rival Francis Bannerman!

I mean, call me crazy, but $165 for 50 ft. of 2" manila rope seems outlandish-never mind nearly $500 for 100 ft of 2" nylon....I wish I'd thought of it!

I'm thinkin this one. I mean heck, I can save $14.00!!! What a steal! ;)

Battling Rope, Synthetic Poly 2" - 100 ft.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
$499.99

Battling Rope, Synthetic Poly 2" - 100 ft.

Save $14.00! The Battling Ropes System is a complete strength and conditioning program like no other. The Battling Ropes System was created and developed by John Brookfield. John is a multiple world record holder and the author of the popular book Mastery of Hand Strength.

Latest Discussions