Hyperlyte Gi?

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu' started by Charlemagne, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Charlemagne

Charlemagne Brown Belt

Anyone wear these? I'm in the market for a sturdy, but lightweight Gi. I was looking at the Fuji Suparaito as a guy I train with was wearing one last week and it seemed very nice, but I don't like the color scheme for the blue version, and I will probably buy more than one.

HYPERLYTE Gi

GiReviews.net has them as one of their top summer weight gis, but I would love some first hand experience if anyone has it.

2. aleal17

aleal17 White Belt

Looks like a cool gi. No pun intended. I'll be on the lookout for them at my gym.

3. kuniggety

kuniggety 2nd Black Belt

I have two 450 g pearl weave kimonos. One Moyà Brand and the other Vandal. The Moyà is blue and is the one I've had for awhile. It has twill pants. I thought the 450 g was heavy for the longest time but came to appreciate the durability and how much is helps absorb my sweat. I'm one of those guys who sweats buckets. I train at a UFC gym now and corporate started pushing for people to wear UFC branded kimonos. I was rather annoyed having to drop the money on a second kimono and got a black Vandal that is also 450 g pearl weave but the pants are rip stop. The pants are sooo much more comfortable than twill ones. My point is I think the lighter gis are great in theory but as a big guy (6' 1" 200 lbs) I appreciate a stronger material that will get pulled on and run through a washer hundreds of times.

4. drop bear

drop bear Sr. Grandmaster

Top Poster Of Month

That's kind of balls by the way. Having to buy the branded gi.

5. kuniggety

kuniggety 2nd Black Belt

Yeah it's pretty crap. Apparently they were supposed to be doing it for awhile but corporate kept crying. I keep the positive - I was looking at getting another gi anyways. My blue Moya can be my travel gi/I can go back to it when I move again in 3 yrs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Charlemagne

Charlemagne Brown Belt

It does stink, particularly in your case of already having several Gi's. Gracie Barra does the same, and their Gi's are not cheap either.

• Like Like x 1