Hwa Rang Do form videos

mystic warrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Alot of it having to do with the owners of the arts not wanting wanna-be's claiming to be creators of some new art. So that is why they would rather you come to there schools than do videos.
They try to have a tighter control on there art as to keep the riff-raff out.
So you might not find alot out there for that art sorry.
The only way you might be able to is from students that have left the art or were kicked out. And if are caught the law will be used on those people.
Sucks but true.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The only way you might be able to is from students that have left the art or were kicked out. And if are caught the law will be used on those people.
Sucks but true.

Interesting statement.

Just a correction ... those who have been "kicked out" - which I assume is your reference to the "Hwa Rang Do Judicial Committee" decision to revoke the ranks of those who chose to leave the organization; remember, they left the organization before they were "kicked out."

Just for argument's sake, let me pose a question to you. If you promise to spread your art from the moment you receive your rank forward, is it not incumbent upon one to follow through with their word?

mystic warrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yes
But there are rules, if you fallow some ones thing, it dosn't matter if you are doing martial arts or anything else.
And when you say that you are going to teach it then you have to play by there rules or do some thing else.
but happens alot of time and I am not just picking on hwa rang do it happens in lots of arts. People think they can do better. But what they fail to see is that they for the most part are not creating anything new.
They just take the same thing and re-word it and call it theres or new and improved. There are only so many ways to brake some thing on a human being. But general public is to lazy to do the home work on arts.
Not to say that the people that brought these arts here did not do the same thing.
Alot of people that do that are looking to make a name on those that have all ready done most of the work.

mystic warrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
But let me ask all of you this, I mean students of x-hwa rang do people.
Why do you care so much about what happened. You nor I were there when things happened. And it is non of our buisness. It is however those that were there. And we both are just spouting things from people that might have been there and are just spining it to make themselves look good.
On both sides.
I am sure that both sides want it over. But yet we have people on forums doing the dirty work for them.
When it should be more about the art it self not who has the bigger ****!
(yes I edit it) And that is all it is.
Things like this are the reason that alot of high ranking people in any arts do not come on here.
They kind of look at it like little childeren that have nothing better to do with there time than to whine about things.
And sadly I can kind of see where they are coming from.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Revealing post.

I'd say your post is rather assumptive and a bit off-topic, though admittedly my corrective post likely didn't help.

I think some people care a great deal about what happened with the HRD crowd ... a search on the style name on MartialTalk would prove revealing to the caring reader.

I seriously doubt the split was about who could do better than who or who calls what what. I think if there is fallout along those lines it arises from other issues which you can find more than one side on if you care to look and wish to open your mind.

And ... just curious and back on the topic of videos ... do you believe video training to be a viable form of study, or just a flat-out money-maker?

mystic warrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
I would say money
Because you will never get the same feedback from a tape or dvd.
Just a thought though

OP
G

geocad

Green Belt
Reaction score
I would say money
Because you will never get the same feedback from a tape or dvd.
Just a thought though
I'm not looking to spend any money on videos. I just wanted to review what I used to do and try to refamiliarize myself.

Since I've first posted the request of links to HRD videos I still have not had any luck. I'm also very surprised that more HRD MAs are sooo quite on this forum. So far, only two women have introduced themselves to me as HRD 'sisters'. Too bad so sad.

At this point I don't think anyone else out here at MT plans to respond so maybe this thread should just end already. Good bye forever HRD videos!!

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not looking to spend any money on videos. I just wanted to review what I used to do and try to refamiliarize myself.

Since I've first posted the request of links to HRD videos I still have not had any luck. I'm also very surprised that more HRD MAs are sooo quite on this forum. So far, only two women have introduced themselves to me as HRD 'sisters'. Too bad so sad.

At this point I don't think anyone else out here at MT plans to respond so maybe this thread should just end already. Good bye forever HRD videos!!

A few of the "ex" HRD people have accounts here - Bob Donnelly, Michael DeAlba and others have posted here, just do a search and you'll find some interesting conversations.

Videos ... well ... tape trading is illegal and MT doesn't allow it - and unless you can find them on YouTube (like mysticwarrior's post) or the like, you probably won't find them. I suppose "ex" HRD people still carry that much respect, that much consideration, that much honor as to remember where they came from and do the right thing.

I kinda think it says something about "them," don't you think? ;)

OP
G

geocad

Green Belt
Reaction score
I suppose "ex" HRD people still carry that much respect, that much consideration, that much honor as to remember where they came from and do the right thing.

I kinda think it says something about "them," don't you think? ;)

Sorry but I'm missing your point here. Are you saying that those no longer studying HRD are showing respect and consideration by keeping quite on MT?

mystic warrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Not forms, though - a promo video. In fact, neither video you posted are forms.
But it is better than nothing.
You should know better than that shesulsa, how the WHRDA is about sharing info.
I was just trying to help.

mystic warrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Truth be told dude is this.
You are not going to find anything online as far as forums.
And if you do, well that is for another post.
The only way you are going to relearn this stuff is to go to a hwa rang do dojang and train.
Besides it is against the rules for any member past or present to give that info with out there Teachers ok and even that is chance at best.
Trust me I am in the same bout as you are. And I understand what you are going through.
But either if you train with and x-hrd person or a whrda person.
Your best bet is too go and train there. Trust me on that.

OP
G

geocad

Green Belt
Reaction score
The only way you are going to relearn this stuff is to go to a hwa rang do dojang and train.
Easier said than done when the closest dojang (CMAA) is 150 miles south of where I now live.
Besides it is against the rules for any member past or present to give that info with out there Teachers ok and even that is chance at best.
I was referring to a home video of some sort. For example, I've seen lots of various styles online where a student filmed themself doing a form or two. I cannot believe that HRD would be any different.
Trust me I am in the same bout as you are. And I understand what you are going through.
I'm not going through anything except frustration with the whole lack of videos online for referrence.
But either if you train with and x-hrd person or a whrda person.
Your best bet is too go and train there. Trust me on that.
I'm seeking out HRD forms because I enjoyed them. They were fast, unusual, and contained a variety of movements. I'm currently in TKD and find the forms (so far) slow, rigid, and boring.

stoneheart

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You should look at some Kuk Sool Won forms which are easier to find. They have the softer elements you are looking for. Both Joo Bang Lee and In Hyuh Suh trained together at one point and I daresay there are more similarities in Hwarang-do and Kuk Sool Won than not.

Latest Discussions