Huh? Pro-gun legislation going forward in Illinois? Chicago?

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I never thought that the legislation would even see the light of day:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/98/SB/09800SB2193ham001.htm

It's a badly written bill, and has a terrible amount of restrictions, but at least it does bring forth shall-issue and pre-emption.

You have to start somewhere, right? After all, Ohio had a terrible CCW law until it was amended, as did South Carolina, but at least it's easier to amend once things are in place.

Now for the hard part... Overriding what will most likely be a veto from Governor Quinn.

Manseau

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Gee, it always amazes me that our legislators can tackle these tough issues for us but they can't pass a simple ethics bill for themselves. I think you're right about the restrictions; if there are so many you can't list them of the back of a license, its not much of a license.

Oregon uses the department of public safety as the record and enforcement arm of people in private safety who carry firearms as part of their employment. Our legislature just passed a bill removing the ability of the DPSST to issue armed guard cards to anyone who doesn't have a concealed carry license. It gave those individuals 30 days to get a concealed carry license or return their issued weapon to their employer because they could no longer legally carry it. Consequence: you are an armored car messenger without a weapon, you are a courier transporting valuables without a weapon, you are a guard at a high security facility without a weapon, you are a bank guard without a weapon....What part of this makes sense? Additionally, my understanding here in Oregon is that if your weapon is visible on you, you are in violation of your concealed carry restrictions anyway. I have every confidence that your legislators are not any brighter than ours are, leaving our hopes resting on the old adage: even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Lets hope for the best. Regards, David

Latest Discussions