HSK 1980s GI.

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
Awhile back some posted on a thread that the HSK brand of GI was popular in the 1980's. They had someone who was close to them and they wanted to find one for sentimental reasons.They were looking for one to buy but could only find size 00 and other small ones. I discovered one that I have, but have not worn is HSK. And I am willing to part with it, size 4 adult. But I can't find their post to let them know. If anyone knows where the post is, or the name of the member I would appreciate knowing it. Basically I have only been visiting Karate forum. So I think it was here some place. thanks.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A keyword search of the forum doesn't bring up any results. Also, a Google search for HDK gis doesn't turn up any results. Do you maybe have a typo in the name of the brand?

OP
opr1945

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well, I found it. can't believe it!! I think the forum has gone defunk. But here it is.

"Welcome to the E-Budo.com."

Thread: Looking for vintage karate and judo gi

1. 12th June 2013, 19:47#1
    bartfast
    (Dayne Fiorello)Member

Join DateJun 2006LocationNYPosts38Likes (received)1

Looking for vintage karate and judo gi​

Hi everyone,
    My father began training back in the 1960s, and the most common gi available was made by H.S.K in Japan, and distributed by Honda Martial Arts in NYC (and presumably others as well). Here is an ad from Black Belt Magazine from the 60s

I have been trying to track one of these gi down for years now unsuccessfully (they turn up from time to time on Ebay and similar sites, but always in a size 0-2... not helpful!) If anyone has one they're interested in selling, please let me know! I'm looking for Judo in size 5 or 6, and Karate in both white and dark blue size 5.
    My father's original gi have unfortunately gone missing, and I'd love to replace them! (and if anyone has any of those Kodokan rank patches let me know too!)
    Thanks for your help!
    D. Fiorello

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well, I found it. can't believe it!! I think the forum has gone defunk. But here it is.

"Welcome to the E-Budo.com."

Thread: Looking for vintage karate and judo gi

1. 12th June 2013, 19:47#1
    bartfast
    (Dayne Fiorello)Member

Join DateJun 2006LocationNYPosts38Likes (received)1

Looking for vintage karate and judo gi​

Do you think the fact that the thread you were looking for is on a different forum ( e- budo not Martialtalk) might help explain why others couldn't help you find it?

OP
opr1945

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
Do you think the fact that the thread you were looking for is on a different forum ( e- budo not Martialtalk) might help explain why others couldn't help you find it?
I actually plased my request on about 5 martial arts forums as I had been visiting several and could not remember which forum I saw it on. Since then I have pretty much quit visiting the other forms and only visit/post on this forum. It is possible that other people on this forum than me, also visited orther martial arts forms and may have seen the request for HSC Gi on the other forum and passed it actual location on to me here.

Latest Discussions