How often i am gonna get kicked in the nuts if i join a martial arts class?

Muay2Thai

White Belt
Reaction score
Do i really gonna need a cup?How much those absorb the impact,i heard that after a few kicks they can breake.
I won't buy a new cup every month

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Best way to prevent them from breaking is to apply Ben Gay to the inside of the cup.

OP
M

Muay2Thai

White Belt
Reaction score
I really need that??Do martial artist kick really that hard?
I am scared but also curious how much it would hurt xdd

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are a number of different styles. A bikers cup is great for kicking styles but not so good for rolling.
What is your style?

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I had used my bulletproof vest in sparring. It works pretty good. Someone in Taiwan invented the bulletproof underwear. I believe it works better than the groin cup.

bulletproof-underwear.jpg

OP
M

Muay2Thai

White Belt
Reaction score
I had used my bulletproof vest in sparring. It works pretty good. Someone in Taiwan invented the bulletproof underwear. I believe it works better than the groin cup.

bulletproof-underwear.jpg
Isn't that too heavy?Whats is its weight i wonder

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
From my experience you are more likely to be kicked in the groin by kids or people who are bit shorter than you.
The only cup I ever seen actually broken was in American football.
Particularly when sparring or going hard each person has padding/guards on the shin and foot. This works as protection both ways. You should be able to determine whether this is your situation or not.
I do not think you have a great deal to worry about. Just go into it it informed and prepared. ***That is very different from going in scared.

OP
M

Muay2Thai

White Belt
Reaction score
Bro you need a nut guard to protect your nut what if they kick ya hard man your in big trouble and your nut gonna hurt hard.

I can't find one,if only kids kick me in the balls i think i can recove after 5 minutes.

OP
M

Muay2Thai

White Belt
Reaction score
From my experience you are more likely to be kicked in the groin by kids or people who are bit shorter than you.
The only cup I ever seen actually broken was in American football.
Particularly when sparring or going hard each person has padding/guards on the shin and foot. This works as protection both ways. You should be able to determine whether this is your situation or not.
I do not think you have a great deal to worry about. Just go into it it informed and prepared. ***That is very different from going in scared.

But like how often?twice a month?If so i am gonna limp all month lol
When it heals they are cracked again

OP
M

Muay2Thai

White Belt
Reaction score
What if adult kick ya in the nuts
Then i am gonna say thats all you got?! while i lay on the floor in fetal position holding my crushed eggs. lol

I am gonna put some socks in my underwear i wonder if that would save my balls from getting cracked up

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I really need that??Do martial artist kick really that hard?
I am scared but also curious how much it would hurt xdd
I used to hold pads for a guy that was ex pro, now in his 50s. I would sometimes get serious bruising on my ribs...though the 5 inch pad.

So

Hard.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
But like how often?twice a month?If so i am gonna limp all month lol
When it heals they are cracked again
It is really not as bad as you are making it out to be. It is not going to be like a baseball bat swing. More often a tap. Cup up and you will be fine.

Latest Discussions