How many people like "Game of Death?"

Karatedrifter7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I thought it was allright, just watched it today all the way through for the first time. I've seen all his other films at different times in my life but never this one before.
I think for alot of people this was their least favorite Lee film? Because of Lee's untimely death a photobouble was used for the story line, and even at one point a cardboard cut out, I understand.
So the only real part of Game of Death with Lee was the fight scenes at the end?
But they were classic I thought, especially Kareem with Bruce.
What did you think?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
todays films seem to have more and better stories but at the time Game Of Death was top notch

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I enjoy the fights at the end very much. The rest of the film never really captured my interest.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not a very good film, but given the circumstances I'm glad we have something from the footage! The fights are of course fun to watch.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lee would definitely be grossly disappointed with how they hacked/slashed his original vision of the movie. Desiring the best look-a-like they could get they had to settle for third best and then as pointed out used piss-poor editing techniques and fx to put his image on someone else's body. A huge disappointment to be sure... if not for the original footage of the fight scenes which Lee decided to shoot first, so to get it out of the way and focus on the plot and character development.
Whenever I watch I zip over to the fight sequence and leave it at that. But with the fully unedited version of the fight sequence(s) definitely makes the "journey" better.

If only he stayed away from those damned drugs. :miffer:

amishman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I always liked Game Of Death... Enter the Dragon is by far the best of his films (IMHO) but I still enjoyed GOD anyway. Now Game of Death II is another story. It came in my boxed set of Bruce Lee films. I started watching it and quickly put it back in the box. Not sure if I can ever watch it as it looks REALLY bad! At least the original GOD had Bruce fight scenes. Not sure what they were thinking with GOD II. Money I guess.

tj

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I always liked Game Of Death... Enter the Dragon is by far the best of his films (IMHO) but I still enjoyed GOD anyway. Now Game of Death II is another story. It came in my boxed set of Bruce Lee films. I started watching it and quickly put it back in the box. Not sure if I can ever watch it as it looks REALLY bad! At least the original GOD had Bruce fight scenes. Not sure what they were thinking with GOD II. Money I guess.

tj
It was money, a cheap way to make money off a great name. Thus my advice to you is to take the disk and the case that it came with and go out to your bbq and cook it til it's nothing but ashes.

But that's just me.

Latest Discussions