How many of you come from a Traditional MArtial arts Background and why did you chan

OP
T

twinkletoes

cfr,

Good times, my man. I come from the opposite perspective originally: I trained since I was a kid. I loved the bullsh*t drills, the kata, the illusion that I was getting closer to being Kwai Chang Kane or the Ninja turtles.

Now I have a ton of experience in a bunch of different styles, a degree in philosophy, and an understanding that most Martial artists are training back asswards. And I was one too!

Well, now BJJ and Matt Thornton have gotten me back on track. And best of all, they have done it at a time when maybe I can share my enlightenment with a few other TMAers who are wise enough.

Who wants to spar and drill with aliveness????? :D

best,

~TT

PS - mmmmmm trailmix....

cfr

Black Belt
Reaction score
I just checked out your schools web site. Looks pretty cool. If I ever move to CT. I'll be there.
:)

OP
T

twinkletoes

Rock on, my man. If you're in North Cali, you should head up to the SBG affiliates and see what they're up to. If you're in South Cali, head over to Roy Harris' school in San Diego. And if you live in Central Cali, then I'm sorry. Why would anyone live in Central Cali? :)

All the best,

~TT

OP
A

A.R.K.

Began way back when in a traditional Chinese striking discipline with no grappling/ground fighting and no real locks to speak of. Then I was introduced to Chin Na and really took a liking to it. I use more Chin Na on duty than anything else.

However the real exposure came during my E.P. days and into my career in Corrections. As an agency D.T. instructor I have really been blessed to train with some really fine folks that S.E.P.S.I. brings in. That really opened up the field to improve, combine, replace etc.

:asian:

Latest Discussions