How many Kenpo 10th degrees?

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wes Idol
You quote me concerning what Pick has told me and how I feel he's never lied to me...and after both quotes you put "uh huh" which was all prefaced with you claiming my story invalid with many "!!!!!!'s."
WI

Those "Uh Huh's only mean I hear what you say.

Concerning the topic, the individuals that were asked about what you claim just do not agree with what you say which is what the !!!!!!! are about! "Not" an invalidation of what "YOUR" story (which I'm sure you are quoting as you recall it being told to you) is but rather a difference of opinion or question of what you are actually saying from those that were there.

If you are going to continue to converse with me. Please don't mis-quote what I am saying or incorrectly interpret it to your wording.

If your going publically post such statements, at least stand behind your words. And regarding Bryan Hawkins and my sources...he knows me very well and my sources are fine.
WI

How am I not standing behind my statements? I called up the individual you posted and asked about the statement. I posted the results of my call. I stand behind that and the people I talked to. What more do you want. :idunno:

:asian:

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello, Everyone!

This is just a reminder to please keep the discussion polite and respectful.

Thanks!!!

Nightingale8472
MT Moderator

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is just a reminder to please keep the discussion polite and respectful

I don't see a problem with the discussion so far and I would like to hear more please.

Klondike (aka Chuck)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We had a complaint about a possible concern, saw a little possible heat, just wanted to "head it off early".

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
We had a complaint about a possible concern, saw a little possible heat, just wanted to "head it off early".

wow,:rofl: possible heat, or concern? hmmmmmm No problem here, I try to always be polite and straight forward. I see no disrespect either. I just post what I know and have been informed from other prominent individuals (I even posted their names here geeze how truthful can you get).

"Tigers and Deer don't stroll together"

"Those who do not know they are walking in the DARK will NEVER see the light".

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score

All i read is one person talking facts and another hearsay.

seems to me that Goldendragon is being EXTREMELY polite.

btw what exactly does a "complaint about a possible concern" mean?:rofl:

peace:asian:

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
the warning was not directed to any particular individual, just the thread in general.

Nightingale8472
MT Moderator

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
jazkiljok,
I believe the "complaint about a possible concern" was from someone who saw some possible heat, and brought it to our attention. We agreed, and issued a general reminder just incase someone was taking offence. It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.

At this point, anyone with concerns please feel free to PM me. Lets get this thread back on topic, k?

Danke! :)

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score
jazkiljok,
I believe the "complaint about a possible concern" was from someone who saw some possible heat, and brought it to our attention. We agreed, and issued a general reminder just incase someone was taking offence. It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.

At this point, anyone with concerns please feel free to PM me. Lets get this thread back on topic, k?

Danke! :)

Kein Probleme!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no ?s on the !!!! please):rofl:

just poking fun at the phrasing is all-- you keep doing your jobs as you see fit-- support any decision you make, whether i agree or disagree-- cause it's obvious you do put a lot of thought into it.

peace

Jaz K.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by jazkiljok
just poking fun at the phrasing is all-- you keep doing your jobs as you see fit-- support any decision you make, whether i agree or disagree-- cause it's obvious you do put a lot of thought into it.

Thanks! As usual, this was a group decision. Even though only one mod. posts a note, typically several have discussed it first. (In an urgent situation this might not be the case.) In this case, it was indeed a group decision. That doesn't mean it was the right decision--perhaps we jumped in too soon--but it does mean we considered it and acted in a way we felt was consistent with our past actions and board policy.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
This was a group decision. Even though only one mod. posts a note, typically several have discussed it first. In this case, it was indeed a group decision - perhaps we jumped in too soon--but it does mean we considered it and acted in a way we felt was consistent with our past actions and board policy.
-Arnisador -MT Admin-

Cool by me.

Thanks guys.

Wes Idol

Green Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7
wow,:rofl: possible heat, or concern? hmmmmmm No problem here, I try to always be polite and straight forward. I see no disrespect either.

Amazing, you take no responsibility.

"Tigers and Deer don't stroll together"

Seeing that this subject is about either you or me, who are you refering to as the Tiger and or Deer...and what "polite and respectful" direction are trying to take?

"Those who do not know they are walking in the DARK will NEVER see the light".

Yet another dig to assume some higher position of knowledge. Dennis, you don't fool me. This is the same tongue and cheek play you worked in your opening greetings to me when we met. I didn't appreciate then and I don't appreciate now. It doesn't concern me, the reality of your past and present, I have no desire to post any of it. I've made real efforts to support through simple friendship...that includes your birthday and death of your Mother...and still here we are. Sad day for sure.

WI

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dennis, you don't fool me. This is the same tongue and cheek play you worked in your opening greetings to me when we met. I didn't appreciate then and I don't appreciate now. It doesn't concern me, the reality

I've made real efforts to support through simple friendship...that includes your birthday and death of your Mother...and still here we are.

Sad day for sure.
Wow, sorry, but not trying to fool anyone. If we don't agree on something, we don't agree. It is that simple.

As far as "tongue in cheek" when we met....... What's that all about???? I have been nothing short of truthful to you, now or before, so cheap pot shots don't bother me.

You must have some deeper issues to deal with my friend. If I have offended you somehow or I can help in some small way, email me and we can discuss it. Other than that, I guess we won't be discussing much.

DC

OP
B

Billy Lear

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am informing you that I, William T. Lear, am going to be the first in American Kenpo to wear the prestigious rank of 10th Degree Brown Belt. Yes, that's right! While there might be several thousand black belts out there, none of them will be able to hold the coveted rank of 10th Degree Brown Belt! (At least without having to take a demotion from black, that is...)

I know, I know... What's so big about being a tenth degree brown belt in American Kenpo. The answers are ofcourse obvious! I will be the first to wear that distinguished rank, and secondly, I will have a unique position/title within the Kenpo Community.

Do you want to be a tenth degree brown belt too...? Here's a list of pre-requisites for those you you whom are interested:

1. You must be at least a green belt, and not know any of your 3rd Degree Brown Belt Requirements. (This is due to 10th Degree actually being lower in rank than 3rd degree by 7 ranks).

2. You must be able to baffle them with B.S. if you can't dazzle them with brilliance. (10th Degree Black Belts are novices at this, we are expected to out talk them).

3. You must be willing to wear a brown belt with two pink 5 inch bars on each end. (Hell, if Gene LaBelle can wear pink, so can we!)

4. You must be willing to wear the required uniform. (That's right baby!!! No More Gi!!! We 10th Degree Brown Belts will only wear pink speedos, and ofcourse our belts.)

5. You must be humble and graciously take ridicule from any human being in the world, except 10th Degree Black Belts. (This is because there are too many of them for any of them to be credible.)

There you have it people... Oh yeah... One last thing make the check payable to me, and in the amount of $5,000.00 U.S. currency.

Hasta,
Billy "10th Degree" Lear :asian:

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Billy Lear
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am informing you that I, William T. Lear, am going to be the first in American Kenpo to wear the prestigious rank of 10th Degree Brown Belt. Yes, that's right! While there might be several thousand black belts out there, none of them will be able to hold the coveted rank of 10th Degree Brown Belt! (At least without having to take a demotion from black, that is...)

I know, I know... What's so big about being a tenth degree brown belt in American Kenpo. The answers are ofcourse obvious! I will be the first to wear that distinguished rank, and secondly, I will have a unique position/title within the Kenpo Community.

Do you want to be a tenth degree brown belt too...? Here's a list of pre-requisites for those you you whom are interested:

1. You must be at least a green belt, and not know any of your 3rd Degree Brown Belt Requirements. (This is due to 10th Degree actually being lower in rank than 3rd degree by 7 ranks).

2. You must be able to baffle them with B.S. if you can't dazzle them with brilliance. (10th Degree Black Belts are novices at this, we are expected to out talk them).

3. You must be willing to wear a brown belt with two pink 5 inch bars on each end. (Hell, if Gene LaBelle can wear pink, so can we!)

4. You must be willing to wear the required uniform. (That's right baby!!! No More Gi!!! We 10th Degree Brown Belts will only wear pink speedos, and ofcourse our belts.)

5. You must be humble and graciously take ridicule from any human being in the world, except 10th Degree Black Belts. (This is because there are too many of them for any of them to be credible.)

There you have it people... Oh yeah... One last thing make the check payable to me, and in the amount of $5,000.00 U.S. currency.

Hasta,
Billy "10th Degree" Lear :asian:

You had me up to the pink Speedos and the 5 grand. Now I'm going to have nightmares. Can't shake that image. All hail Brown Belt Grandmaster Lear.:asian:

OP
B

Billy Lear

Originally posted by Doc
You had me up to the pink Speedos and the 5 grand. Now I'm going to have nightmares. Can't shake that image. All hail Brown Belt Grandmaster Lear.:asian:

Who loves ya baby?

Latest Discussions