How long in before you can / should teach?

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by jeremyhanes
I think students should start teaching early. It helps to reinforce knowledge when you teach. It also helps build self esteem.

How early they start teaching will vary from student to student. But I think teaching (at the very least, helping newer students with the material) is important.

"If you want to learn, study. If you want to understand, teach." -- a composite paraphrase drawn from several quotes I've read over the years.

Mike

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think students should start teaching early. It helps to reinforce knowledge when you teach. It also helps build self esteem.

It will definately help buid your slf esteem! The first couple of times I was in front of the class in charge, it was almost intimidating.

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

I don't agree that everbody should start teaching early. It depends on the type of person.

Some people will learn from this exspirence, and other wont. We are not equal. Evebody has to be handled as the person as we are.

Some people are just too "young" to handle the responsability to teach.

/Yari

Latest Discussions