How good is Gina Carano?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If she were a mediocre fighter or a poser it wouldn't be so bad but she's good and with proper concentration she could be world beating. Eight wins however is not a lot, Megumi Fujii has 15 over domestic and international fighters. If Carano went to Japan and meet the good fighters there it would do her fighting career wonders, I'd also like to see her fight Cris Cyborg. I think though that we may not see Carano fight again with the demise of Elite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megumi_Fujii

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score

Unfortunately though Gina is by far the best looking and that goes a long way in the US market. Promoting average looking chicks beating the ***** out of each other just won't attract people to fights. Sad but true. In Japan they appreciate the fighting more so than how a girl looks.

The expression rings true in her case that if you ain't lost a fight you ain't fighting the right people!
I think she has had some tough fights but just maybe these women aren't bringing out her best. Maybe if she fought Japans best she would win anyway, she would just have to step it up a level. Joe Calzaghe just went to 46 - 0 and maybe at 6 - 0 people said the same thing about him.

Cheers
Sam:asian:

hpulley

Orange Belt
Reaction score
She lost a couple of matches in muay thai (still 12 -2 or something like that, very impressive) but the competition was probably better there than in women's MMA, especially here.

Latest Discussions