How does your School Smell

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Starting Tuesday the studio is going to really smell like roses.. least for the first half hour.. then at closing.. it's going to reek.. We start the college Karate classes Tues. And this semester we're holding them at the studio instead of at the college gym. The reason being, The gym is divided into main gym and 2 upper side balconies usually holding bleachers but have areas for volleyball, tennis, wrestling etc. they are divided by thin drop down plastic type dividers, The volleyball or BB teams get the main gym and we get laryngitis trying to yell over the din to the class. Not good..
So we're going to see how this works holding them at the studio this year.. 2 classes per week, 25 students plus whomever from our studio to help out.. it's going to be close quarters ~!! Lysol ~!!

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by KenpoTess
Gee I wonder why that is Pete~!!! Cheap wally world tennies that have steel reinforced toes.. Glad I wore my full body armor when sparring ya .. didn't hurt me a bit .. but Chronuss on the other hand.. well no comment *G*

Whatchoo talking about Arnold.. Geriatrics.. Speak for yourself old man~!! I have the arches of a Teenager.. *haurmphs* :eek:

Arches of a teenager, hmmmmmmmmm.;)

R

RCastillo

Starting Tuesday the studio is going to really smell like roses.. least for the first half hour.. then at closing.. it's going to reek.. We start the college Karate classes Tues. And this semester we're holding them at the studio instead of at the college gym. The reason being, The gym is divided into main gym and 2 upper side balconies usually holding bleachers but have areas for volleyball, tennis, wrestling etc. they are divided by thin drop down plastic type dividers, The volleyball or BB teams get the main gym and we get laryngitis trying to yell over the din to the class. Not good..
So we're going to see how this works holding them at the studio this year.. 2 classes per week, 25 students plus whomever from our studio to help out.. it's going to be close quarters ~!! Lysol ~!!

SRO!:)

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by cali_tkdbruin
Marketing Mr. C, it's all about marketing! ;)
Hey, I've got it, why not just be a Mc Dojo? Everyone else does it... :barf:

Anyway, the next time I'm in South Texas, I'd like to drop by your dojo for one of your Kenpo classes and engage in a good, hard work out. Hey, what the fword, what do I care I'm TKD, I don't know any Karate. I'm just curious about all MAs, just throw me in with the white belts I don't care. :asian:

Are you game for having a WTF TKD practitioner train with yall Karate Texans? :D

Believe me, I've tried. McDojo? it's so bad We're right behind a burger place, so I lose again!

You're welcome to come, and visit, I've always wanted to see WTF forms as they compare to ITF!

R

RCastillo

is SRO Texan or someother foreign acronym that I'm ignorant of :D

Standing Room Only! Master Seig playing nightly!:cool:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo
That supposed to mean something?:mad:

YEP!!!:p

You living in 100+ degree temp.'s and the humidity at 90%+ you figure it out.:p

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo

You're welcome to come, and visit, I've always wanted to see WTF forms as they compare to ITF!

Cool! Thank you Mr. C... :asian:

Well I know all the WTF Taeguek color belt poomse, and I'm now learning all of the Pal Gwe forms, and of course the BLACK forms. I've got Koryo in my repertoire :D, Kumgang's next...

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
:confused: :confused: .....It's greek to me.

Sorry about that Jason, this is just World Taekwondo Federation TKD practitioners' speak for our poomse (forms, kata or aka hyung). Koryo and Kumgang are the first couple of the WTF BLACK belt forms.

Before we digress further from this thread's subject, what was the question again??? :confused:

Oh yeah, what does your school smell like? Well, sometimes it smells like an old sweat sock, especially on hot summer days... ;)

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by cali_tkdbruin
Sorry about that Jason, this is just World Taekwondo Federation TKD practitioners' speak for our poomse (forms, kata or aka hyung). Koryo and Kumgang are the first couple of the WTF BLACK belt forms.

Ok, cool. I was used to the ITF forms. :asian:

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Uh... That depends on weather or not the Space Yeti has had a bath lately... Right Clyde?

movie_sm.jpg

Latest Discussions