How does your School Smell

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do students and guests come in with that look on their face.. holding their noses?

What are some tips you can offer to keep the stinky sweaty smell down in closed quarters.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It should smell like people working out, in my opinion.

However, it shouldn't reek. The best advise I can give is keep the air circulating. Schools smell bad when the air is stagnate. So utilize fans, open windows, or air conditioning.:D

T

TLH3rdDan

if you have carpet you might want to clean it with a good carpet shampooer once a month or so...

D_Brady

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Like it or not that smell everyone is talking about is bacteria and everyone that walks in your school knows it. If you act like you don't care your telling them something about your self.Know that being said if your working out hard people can smell it and they shouldn't be surprised by it.

I try to keep the smell down to a minnimum by all students wearing shoes and as some of you already said , keep carpets clean and vent the place as best you can.

And on a personal note ... For me NO mexican food before class.

Dan Brady.

:fart:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well Steve just put down some mats from wall to wall. Right now they still smell new. Before that somewhat sweaty.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ours gets to smelling like a moose.

Luckily our instructor keeps the fans going and sprays the air freshner...

L

LostGrrlDies

Originally posted by Technopunk
Ours gets to smelling like a moose.

hmmm.

do you know what a moose smells like, how a lonely farm boy knows what a sheep smells like?

second thought, maybe i dont want to know. :nuke:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lemme tell ya hon, its like the saying "once you go moose..." er... is that "once you go animal, you never..." no... er...

But I imagine that 12 sweaty guys in an enclosed basement must smell vaguely mooselike.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It smells like kuchi, especially on hot summer days or eves when the doors are closed and the class is full. :erg:

Normally it's not too bad as long as the doors remain open to help ventilate out the dojang.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by cali_tkdbruin
That sounds wonderful. It's just what a good, hard working dojang should smell like!

I prefer to wear wrestling shoes while in the studio.

S

Stick Dummy

I prefer to wear wrestling shoes while in the studio.

Jason,

For some reason they don't like it when I wear my cheap Wally World tennis shoes............

What brand of wrestling shoes have longevity for carpeted dojo use??

Do they have any arch and insole support for the geriatrics like me & TessMania? :rofl:

I kinda like the idea of joss sticks, or incense pots personally :D

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stick Dummy
For some reason they don't like it when I wear my cheap Wally World tennis shoes............

I bet not. You probably tear up the carpet.:rofl:

What brand of wrestling shoes have longevity for carpeted dojo use??

Asics makes probaby the best shoes. I prefer wrestling shoes because they last soooooo much longer than century or the other brand basic martial art shoe. I just purchased a new pair a month ago. Man are they great. Too bad they didn't have them when I was in school and on the mat because they are the most comfortable shoe I have worn.

Do they have any arch and insole support for the geriatrics like me & TessMania?

No :rofl: .

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo
Since I'm the only one there.:(

Marketing Mr. C, it's all about marketing! ;)
Hey, I've got it, why not just be a Mc Dojo? Everyone else does it... :barf:

Anyway, the next time I'm in South Texas, I'd like to drop by your dojo for one of your Kenpo classes and engage in a good, hard work out. Hey, what the fword, what do I care I'm TKD, I don't know any Karate. I'm just curious about all MAs, just throw me in with the white belts I don't care. :asian:

Are you game for having a WTF TKD practitioner train with yall Karate Texans? :D

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stick Dummy
Jason,

Do they have any arch and insole support for the geriatrics like me & TessMania? :rofl:

Gee I wonder why that is Pete~!!! Cheap wally world tennies that have steel reinforced toes.. Glad I wore my full body armor when sparring ya .. didn't hurt me a bit .. but Chronuss on the other hand.. well no comment *G*

Whatchoo talking about Arnold.. Geriatrics.. Speak for yourself old man~!! I have the arches of a Teenager.. *haurmphs* :eek: