How do you treat your bruises?

OP
donna

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for all your ideas. I will have to do some research as to where I can get some DDJ.

lhommedieu

Black Belt
Reaction score
Die Da Jieu for bruises. Re. formulas it's helpful to know whether the herbs in the Jieu make it cool, neutral, or warm, as recent bruises respond better to cool and neutral Jieu's.

Tiger Balm is more helpful for cold, tight, constricted muscles - particularly if used in conjunction with Gua Sha. Warm Jieu's are helpful for cold, tight joints.

Best,

Steve Lamade

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I use Arnica for bruises. It works pretty well. I use Traumeel for muscle soreness. Just started using it. Seems to work, ok.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
IcemanSK said:
I use Arnica for bruises. It works pretty well. I use Traumeel for muscle soreness. Just started using it. Seems to work, ok.

I forgot about Arnica. I've never used it but I've heard it is very good for bruises.

lenatoi

Green Belt
Reaction score
Here's what you should do. Pump up your inktake of vitamin C. (ester C is better, but not neccassary in this instance.)

DO NOT RUB THE BRUIS. a bruis is caused by broken capillaries. rubbing them can cause them to remain broken longer thereby spreading the bruis. alternatly, rub the surrounding area only. this will bring blood to the area, and coax the stagnant stuff to move on.

Do not increas your level of vitamin K unless you have reasons other than the bruises. not a good idea. likewise, unless you have low iron problems, do not increas your iron intake. (unless you're mensing)

Arnica is O.K. Mix it with something that will cause a flush in sensitive areas ( tiger balm, or icy hot work) Then apply lightly to the bruised area. DO NOT RUB IN.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Go to Wing Lam's website and get some Dit Da Jow. Theirs works great and has helped me with my conditioning.

KenpoSterre

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I don't do much to my bruises but for the very bad ones I avoid poking at it and I drink more water than usual to help it heal plus I eat more fruit.

buyu

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hey i use a arnica based cream and tablets at the same time this is real good stuff and dark glasses work to most chemists carry these products or natural remedie stores and you could ask them more questions they might have some other stuff maybe that prevents bruising cause that would be better
hope this helps thanks

Chris from CT

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have used Die Da Jieu on myself and patients, but depending on where the bruise is, one thing that works great in my acupuncture practice is the use of a "Seven Star Hammer." It is a small lightweight instrument with a long flexible handle with seven small needles on the head. By lightly tapping on the area of the bruise increases the circulation of the area and most bruises are gone by the next day. It’s not as painful as it may sound. :)

Don’t try to use a “Seven Star Hammer” unless a qualified practitioner shows you how to use one properly.

Take care. :)

PeaceWarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
My Sifu makes some awesome Dit Da Jow, I use it every time I go to class before and after. I dont normally bruise, but now I NEVER bruise. It really is amazing stuff...

Peace

Keith

lhommedieu

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have used Die Da Jieu on myself and patients, but depending on where the bruise is, one thing that works great in my acupuncture practice is the use of a "Seven Star Hammer." It is a small lightweight instrument with a long flexible handle with seven small needles on the head. By lightly tapping on the area of the bruise increases the circulation of the area and most bruises are gone by the next day. It’s not as painful as it may sound. :)

Don’t try to use a “Seven Star Hammer” unless a qualified practitioner shows you how to use one properly.

Take care. :)

Chris' point is well taken. In many cases you would want to use the seven star hammer on areas of the head and torso where you would not dit da jow absorbed into the blood stream.

Best,

Steve Lamade

KarateKowboy

White Belt
Reaction score
I tend to bruise easily. Most times if I know I have bruised myself ,I use ice then over the next few days ,gentle massage. Do any of you have any better treatments that help to prevent a bad bruise or help it to fade quicker?
Arnica tablets - as soon as you think something happened that will cause a bruise. You may very well see no bruising at all, but certainly reduced.

I knew they worked well. But here's a story that really proved thier worth.

A friend was playing at the park with his son on the swings when the swing came back and smashed him in the face, just below the eye on the cheek bone. With a 35 lb kid and swing moving from being at full extension on the chain he should have looked like he got hit by a car. I gave him the arnica tablets and some to take home. I think he took 4. He did not go to the hospital until the next day. But when he told them what happned they didn't believe him. He had only a very lite bruise under the eye.

Other than this, any linament that has arnica in it. I think what I use is is feng gu shui (I don't have the bottle". It is good but not as good as the tablets.

Latest Discussions