How do you train...

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can draw from concealment in under 2 seconds. I would create more distance, move lateral and HOPEFULLY get some rounds into the guy.

The only empty hand |I think would even come to mind is a palm down and strike the throat combo. I will have to think about this oen some more. I would def be expecting to get cut. This one will be tough.

OP
KenpoTex

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can draw from concealment in under 2 seconds. I would create more distance, move lateral and HOPEFULLY get some rounds into the guy.

The only empty hand |I think would even come to mind is a palm down and strike the throat combo. I will have to think about this oen some more. I would def be expecting to get cut. This one will be tough.
you'll notice though that the "attacker" was on the guy and making hits in less than one second...

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Zone off, get control of that weapon limb, and take it straight to the ground, all the while head-butting and kneeing the attacker. Dealing with the typical "Jail-Yard Rush" in a linear, line-fighting manner is suicide. Any way you cut it, it's scary-scary-scary.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
you'll notice though that the "attacker" was on the guy and making hits in less than one second...

This truthfully is the problem. If you are unaware that the attack is coming or simply clueless you are in for a world of hurt as an attack like this is quick, vicious and decidedly deadly. Bottom line you do not want to be standing straight on and allowing them to grab and keep you there.
Move off line and counter and hopefully get to the outside of there knife arm where you may be able to assert some control or pass by and run like hell.
icon6.gif

Latest Discussions