Hotmail help

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Anybody! Help! Quite often when I send a return reply to both people and to forums, hotmail will send it out in HTML code and it'll get refused (by the forum) and drive my friends mad. How do I handle this?

Yours,
Dan Anderson

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dan Anderson
Anybody! Help! Quite often when I send a return reply to both people and to forums, hotmail will send it out in HTML code and it'll get refused (by the forum) and drive my friends mad. How do I handle this?

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Unfortunately, I'm not a hotmail user so can't be of specific help.

However, in general terms, this is a setting somewhere in your preferences or may be an available setting in each e-mail.

Check your preferences (wherever they are in hotmail) and look for something like "Send as HTML" or "Send as Plain Text"

Hope that helps.

Mike

OP
Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Folks,
I went to find any kind of "preferences" box and there was none. there was, however, a tools button on the reply page. In that section was a "rich text editor on or off." So I turned it off and sent a reply message to eskrima digest, which ALWAYS gets returned because of the HTML content. It hasn't come back yet so I think my problem is fixed.

Yay!

Dan Anderson

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dan Anderson
Folks,
I went to find any kind of "preferences" box and there was none. there was, however, a tools button on the reply page. In that section was a "rich text editor on or off." So I turned it off and sent a reply message to eskrima digest, which ALWAYS gets returned because of the HTML content. It hasn't come back yet so I think my problem is fixed.

Yay!

Dan Anderson

Yup. That should hopefully do it.

Mike