hoshino and the fuma ryu

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
whats the deal with them? i saw a couple of videos for sale through tiger claw and they were saying that hoshino is a grandmaster of the fuma ryu. i have never heard of any of his schools and the information on the net is shakey at best. where is this guy from?
does he have any real schools/dojos?
does he have any real skill?
never heard of him till before yesterday. :idunno:

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm sure Dale will comment shortly. Reader's digest version: the guy was a Kung Fu instructor (I believe) until the Ninja Boom. He also promotes himself as a "sword expert" and has been known to replace good blades with lesser-quality ones when polishing them.

Jeff

OP
E

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kreth said:
Reader's digest version: the guy was a Kung Fu instructor (I believe) until the Ninja Boom. He also promotes himself as a "sword expert" and has been known to replace good blades with lesser-quality ones when polishing them.

Jeff
so he never really studied ninjutsu? what do you mean about replacing blades?
:idunno:
sounds weird.

E

Elizium

Think about it, nice and really expensive sword and you get back a cheap $40 blade back.

Look in bad budo on e-budo.com for nice threads about fuma ryu.

E

Elizium

Also post the pic of the one about fuma ryu in bad budo that monkeyboy started :partyon:

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No, You can think of him in the same vein as Duncan, Loriega (aka Angry Ninja Dwarf), Law, and Ashida Kim.

Jeff

S

shiro

He use to be in the nina magazine alot back in the early eighties. If Anyone is old enough to remember back during the 80s ninja boom.

OP
E

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
i think i ate there once for my wife's birthday... oh wait that was "yoshino's". hee hee!