Hi

Kenpo_girl1

White Belt
Reaction score
hi people. So I saw this forum was pretty active with discussion so thought I'd join.

My style is American kenpo I've been doing it since I was 12. I started because I was getting badly bullied by girls in my year group. They'd do things like dump drinks over my head or push me into the boys changing rooms or pull up my dress so everyone would see my knickers so I joined a kenpo school and there's no big tough story where I beat up my bullies but I got confident in myself and when tried to mess with me one day I screamed at her to F off which surprised her and didn't bother me again.

I'm now a second Dan black belt I'm on a small break because of a small shoulder injury from a car crash but it's nothing serious and hoping to be back within 2 weeks

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, KenpoGirl1. Nice to have you here.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome. Sorry to hear about your bullying experiences. Kids can be jerks and stuff like that what you described is dumb and immature but can leave scars on a person at that age so well done overcoming it the way you did (Though an elbow to the teeth wouldn't have been a bad addition either...kidding...mostly lol)

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome! This is a great place to satisfy that itch when you can't crave (and also a great place to talk about martial arts in general)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk! Here you'll find a lot of folks who share some of your experiences. Most of us love the martial arts, and the rest of us are way beyond that kind of silliness and are entirely consumed with martial arts. And cats. We like cats, too. (Well, those of us with a soul.)

I think a lot of us have had the experience of martial arts saving us from bullying simply because we gained enough confidence (though some of us also had a few fights before we got to that point).

Eric Damon Rapier

Orange Belt
Reaction score
hi people. So I saw this forum was pretty active with discussion so thought I'd join.

My style is American kenpo I've been doing it since I was 12. I started because I was getting badly bullied by girls in my year group. They'd do things like dump drinks over my head or push me into the boys changing rooms or pull up my dress so everyone would see my knickers so I joined a kenpo school and there's no big tough story where I beat up my bullies but I got confident in myself and when tried to mess with me one day I screamed at her to F off which surprised her and didn't bother me again.

I'm now a second Dan black belt I'm on a small break because of a small shoulder injury from a car crash but it's nothing serious and hoping to be back within 2 weeks
Hi Kenpo girl. I'm new to the site as well. I'm in the east bay and I just started goju ryu karate on Monday. I had initially sought out to take Kenpo because it seemed more fluid but I couldn't find a school out here. I was hoping you could share what you like about the art form seeing that you have definitely moved up in belt rank. Congratulations by the way.

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Kenpo girl. I'm new to the site as well. I'm in the east bay and I just started goju ryu karate on Monday. I had initially sought out to take Kenpo because it seemed more fluid but I couldn't find a school out here. I was hoping you could share what you like about the art form seeing that you have definitely moved up in belt rank. Congratulations by the way.

Welcome to mt

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Welcome to MT

W.Bridges

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Welcome MT

Latest Discussions