Hi new to martial talk

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Welcome and enjoy your training. If you get a chance read the book " Verbal Judo", this is what martial arts classes need to add to all our training also......just my thoughts.............Aloha

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
SethG said:
Hello all, my name is Seth and I thought I would introduce myself. I actually heard of this site from a very good friend and long time training partner, fellow student, and now co-instructor of Modern Arnis, Dalum.

He has informed me of this site and what a great resource, you come very highly recommended.

Anyway, on my backgrond, I started studying Arnis at age 15 before that not too much formal martial arts. I continued studying and my instructor worked in other styles such as american boxing, wing chung, muay thai, and more. Once I left for college at Michigan State I studied Hopkido with professor Kim, who himself is an 8th dan in TKD as well as was the Coach for the MSU Judo team.

Now, I am not the most proficient street fighter, but I do enjoy fighting theory and body mechanics. I am a thinker and hone and develop new forms, and motions of my students and fellow trainees.

Thank you, and I look forward to sharing ideas with everyone
-Seth

[email protected]

Sup d00d.

Latest Discussions